Hello everyone!
After much deliberation, I decided to buy a Honwave! (I know, I know.... but they're not that bad...)
I was originally after a F-RIB, but they're a bit rare these days and I'm itching to get back out on the sea again. Did a lot of boating (ie fishing) with my dad growing up, and have now reached the stage of life where I can afford a small boat (but not much else).
Currently building a garage to put the boat in, and then I'll be looking for an engine or two... I've already been lusting after everything from little 2.5's (as a backup engine) up to 20hp, and literally everything inbetween. I suspect I'll be buying and selling several engines before I settle on the one I like, as I try to find a balance between power, weight, reliability and economy!
Looking forward to getting out into the English Channel, probably from Littlehampton in the first instance - hope to meet some of you guys out there.
Steve
Newbie
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Newbie
Hi Steve, Welcome aboard !
You’ll be delighted with the Honwave, they’re cracking sibs.
Which model and length will you go for?
I traded up from the T38ie to an F-Rib 375, both are fantastic. In times of chop you’ll be glad you chose the Honwave
Enjoy the forum and just yell
If you need any pointers.
Martin
You’ll be delighted with the Honwave, they’re cracking sibs.
Which model and length will you go for?
I traded up from the T38ie to an F-Rib 375, both are fantastic. In times of chop you’ll be glad you chose the Honwave

Enjoy the forum and just yell
If you need any pointers.
Martin
Last edited by Martin on 12 Sep 2022, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
Reason: Typo
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
slangford
- I'm New
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 12 Sep 2022, 07:32
- Location: Leatherhead
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Newbie
Thanks Martin!
Forgot to put in my original post - I was daft enough to talk myself into buying the biggest of all Honwaves, the T40 (AE3). I thought it would be fine to transport in the back of a car, set it up on the quayside etc etc (and I thought this, despite reading the warnings from current T40 owners...)
Suffice to say, the time between me buying the Honwave, and then getting a trailer for it, was a shameful 6 hours...
Forgot to put in my original post - I was daft enough to talk myself into buying the biggest of all Honwaves, the T40 (AE3). I thought it would be fine to transport in the back of a car, set it up on the quayside etc etc (and I thought this, despite reading the warnings from current T40 owners...)
Suffice to say, the time between me buying the Honwave, and then getting a trailer for it, was a shameful 6 hours...
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Newbie
They're great boats but bloody heavy beasts, At least your sorted with a trailer nowslangford wrote: ↑12 Sep 2022, 08:08Thanks Martin!
Forgot to put in my original post - I was daft enough to talk myself into buying the biggest of all Honwaves, the T40 (AE3). I thought it would be fine to transport in the back of a car, set it up on the quayside etc etc (and I thought this, despite reading the warnings from current T40 owners...)
Suffice to say, the time between me buying the Honwave, and then getting a trailer for it, was a shameful 6 hours...
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there



