Beach launching in Devon/Cornwall

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
Dempbox1 England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Jul 2022, 13:47
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Beach launching in Devon/Cornwall

Post by Dempbox1 » 31 Jul 2022, 14:14

Hi all, just bought a honwave t40 with a 25hp mercury outboard.
I’ve brought it on holiday with me near bude Cornwall.
Been to westward ho! With the family today and wondering if anyone has launched from the beach? being as the car parks Right there.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Beach launching in Devon/Cornwall

Post by Martin » 31 Jul 2022, 16:56

Hi, Welcome aboard.
I've only ever launched at Looe down there i'm afraid so can't offer any local knowledge.
Beach launches can be hard depending on the fall/slope, obviously launching against an incoming tide can cause a trauma or two... :o :?
Watch for any markings indicating launch/recovery are or indeed swimmers markers.

Enjoy the forum,
Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Dempbox1 England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Jul 2022, 13:47
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beach launching in Devon/Cornwall

Post by Dempbox1 » 01 Aug 2022, 08:33

Thanks Martin. Was thinking about the legalities as well of doing this, don’t want to get stopped half way through putting the boat together. Maybe it’s worth ringing the local council.

Stupid Bouy England
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jul 2022, 21:17
Boat Make: Craft 12 ft
Outboard: Johnson 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bury Lanc,s
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Beach launching in Devon/Cornwall

Post by Stupid Bouy » 01 Aug 2022, 20:32

I have always known if you assemble on a beach and go into the sea you can do this anywhere
I myself launch from the beach

Tris10 England
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 31
Joined: 01 Jun 2022, 08:41
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Teignmouth
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Beach launching in Devon/Cornwall

Post by Tris10 » 02 Aug 2022, 13:00

Not sure about that area, but in S. Devon where I am, a lot of the beaches have the yellow swimming buoys marking the safe zone. In those areas no powered craft are allowed. You could still launch and row/paddle past the marks but it would probably be viewed as being against the 'spirit if not the rule' and may get a few comments this time of year in silly season.

Our beach has a marked area for access to the beach by powered watercraft but I rarely see it used.

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”