NEWBIE HERE

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
Stupid Bouy England
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jul 2022, 21:17
Boat Make: Craft 12 ft
Outboard: Johnson 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bury Lanc,s
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

NEWBIE HERE

Post by Stupid Bouy » 10 Jul 2022, 21:27

Hi all I am new to the forum
Have I got the oldest Sib 1971 C craft 12 ft wood floor still going strong powered by my 20 hp Johnson outboard love it
I go out sea fishing from Rhyl I assemble her on the beach and off I go
But if anyone knows a place I can get close to the water with my car please let me know :D :D
Last edited by Martin on 12 Jul 2022, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: blended two posts

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: NEWBIE HERE

Post by Martin » 12 Jul 2022, 21:46

Welcome aboard Stupid Buoy (clever :lol: ) :wavey
That's an early sib, I don't think it'll be the oldest though. They had Inflatable boats before ribs (Rhibs) were invented, I know ribs were originally designed and built in the mid to late 60's at a college in Wales.
Still, good to see of hear of another old inflatable still getting used today. ohyeh

Enjoy the forum :thumbsup

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Stupid Bouy England
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jul 2022, 21:17
Boat Make: Craft 12 ft
Outboard: Johnson 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bury Lanc,s
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NEWBIE HERE

Post by Stupid Bouy » 13 Jul 2022, 16:32

Thanks for the reply Martin
These users thanked the author Stupid Bouy for the post:
Martin (13 Jul 2022, 17:41)

PeterM
Super Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
Location: Bournemouth & Poole
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: NEWBIE HERE

Post by PeterM » 15 Jul 2022, 09:33

Welcome! Old is good 👍.

They really don't make stuff now like they used to. That goes for some of us people aswell! 😉

Any pics you can post? ... I really enjoy seeing the old classic boats and engines.

Stupid Bouy England
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jul 2022, 21:17
Boat Make: Craft 12 ft
Outboard: Johnson 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bury Lanc,s
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NEWBIE HERE

Post by Stupid Bouy » 15 Jul 2022, 19:46

Resized_20210715_205948.jpeg
My old reliable friend

Stupid Bouy England
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jul 2022, 21:17
Boat Make: Craft 12 ft
Outboard: Johnson 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bury Lanc,s
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NEWBIE HERE

Post by Stupid Bouy » 15 Jul 2022, 20:01

:D
IMG-20210717-WA0001.jpg
Attachments
IMG-20210717-WA0000.jpg
These users thanked the author Stupid Bouy for the post:
Sibfisher (17 Jul 2022, 11:19)

User avatar
rogerblack Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 884
Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
MMSI Number: 235913495
Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: NEWBIE HERE

Post by rogerblack » 18 Jul 2022, 17:51

Hi and belated welcome to the forum.

Loved the pics - very jealous as I'm currently about 450 miles away from my boat due to unofreseen circumstances - really envious of those like yourself making the most of the fine weather.

Can't help with any suggestions for places to launch around your way as I'm not familiar with it but hopefully someone sho knows the area will be along soon.
cheers
Roger

:fishing
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”