Saying Hello - North East

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
TheO Brace England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 19:08
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Stockton on Tees
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Saying Hello - North East

Post by TheO Brace » 12 Apr 2022, 19:18

Hi All,

I have been reading posts and info for a while so thought I should join up and say hello and be able to ask people some real questions. Looks like a very friendly and constructive forum.

I have a boat world 280sld slat floor sib with a Yamaha 4 stroke 4hp from 2015.I use the Sib from the boot of the car and fold down after each use.

I have been out in the Lake District and down the river tees. I hope in the future to seek advice on a beginner suitable Scottish trip that can include some wild camping.

Dream setup is a honwave T38 with a 15 or 20hp outboard.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello - North East

Post by Martin » 12 Apr 2022, 22:51

Hi TheO Brace, welcome aboard !
Those boatworld sibs have been quite popular amongst newbies to sibbing - glad it’s worked out for you 👍🏻

Slatted floors aren’t really the best for island hopping around the west coast, though we have had a member joining us in a 275m f-rib, that was entertaining to watch but certainly possible if you’re confident.
Enjoy the forum - keep your eye on the events page to see if there’s anything happening local to you…

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
rogerblack Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 884
Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
MMSI Number: 235913495
Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: Saying Hello - North East

Post by rogerblack » 13 Apr 2022, 14:38

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm on the east coast of Scotland but I'm guessing you'd be looking to go somewhere on the west as that's the best for wild camping, rugged scenery, islands and sea lochs.

If you search on here for Wild West Adventure (WWA) then you should find some threads, including pics and videos, of some of the previous trips made back over several years BC*. Lots of useful information on those posts about locations, loch and sea trips, wild camping and so on.

Once you've had some thoughts about possibly areas and timing, sing out again on here for up to date info.

* Before Covid!
cheers
Roger

:fishing
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”

TheO Brace England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 19:08
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Stockton on Tees
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Saying Hello - North East

Post by TheO Brace » 14 Apr 2022, 05:10

Hi Chaps thanks for the replies!

Yes based on the flat floor I know it isn’t ideal for any kind of proper boating really as always stuck at displacement speed etc. however I noticed the man the myth the legend that is the giants used to use a slat floor seago for some of his adventures so given the right weather an appropriate adventure may be possible.

I noticed his latest video on YouTube with the kayakers who launched from just north of lards and wondered if in the right conditions that may be a suitable journey to the first island they stayed on? Looks like most of the journey could be done hugging coast and shelter

TheO Brace England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 19:08
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Stockton on Tees
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Saying Hello - North East

Post by TheO Brace » 14 Apr 2022, 19:20

That should say the man the myth the legend the gunard! Damn autocorrect!
TheO Brace wrote: ↑
14 Apr 2022, 05:10
Hi Chaps thanks for the replies!

Yes based on the flat floor I know it isn’t ideal for any kind of proper boating really as always stuck at displacement speed etc. however I noticed the man the myth the legend that is the giants used to use a slat floor seago for some of his adventures so given the right weather an appropriate adventure may be possible.

I noticed his latest video on YouTube with the kayakers who launched from just north of lards and wondered if in the right conditions that may be a suitable journey to the first island they stayed on? Looks like most of the journey could be done hugging coast and shelter

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”