New member saying hello

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Dave parker+136 England
I'm New
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 May 2020, 18:56
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Derby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New member saying hello

Post by Dave parker+136 » 02 May 2020, 19:05

Hi,
I’m Dave from Derby and have joined today. I have a 2.6 inflatable with outboard and use it to fish when we are away, usually up in sunny Scotland. I had a 14 foot Fishing boat but when I bought a touring caravan I sold that and got the packable dinghy which I keep in my truck.
Hoping that I might pick up some tips on the forum, thank you

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: New member saying hello

Post by Martin » 03 May 2020, 18:32

Hi Dave, Welcome Aboard...
It's a little quiet on here at the moment, i think everyone has decided to social distance themselves from their computers at the mo incase they catch a virus ... :LMT

The guys are a fantastic bunch, lots of help and info just a click away...

Enjoy the forum,
Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Sarah Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 386
Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 20:05
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 123 times
Contact:

Re: New member saying hello

Post by Sarah » 03 May 2020, 21:52

:welcome
Please feel free to ask questions about training & RYA qualifications, if you're not local we will try to point you in the right direction!
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk

User avatar
SiB-420 Poland
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 03 May 2020, 17:49
Boat Make: BARK BT-420s
Outboard: Yamaha F9.9 JMH
Haswing Osapian 55lb
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New member saying hello

Post by SiB-420 » 04 May 2020, 08:05

:welcome

User avatar
RONHAS Portugal
Active Member
Posts: 114
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 08:46
Boat Make: Foldable F-RIB 360
Outboard: Yamaha: 6HP & 2.5HP 4stroke short shaft
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: New member saying hello

Post by RONHAS » 04 May 2020, 12:31

:welcome

Sibfisher Spain
Veteran Member
Posts: 420
Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
Boat Make: Elling KB 350
Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
MMSI Number: 1
Location: Tui, Spain
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: New member saying hello

Post by Sibfisher » 04 May 2020, 17:17

:welcome Dave parker+136
I am a new member to the site and sibing and have found it has been very informative and have had a lot of help and advice from the members :cheers
These users thanked the author Sibfisher for the post:
Martin (07 May 2020, 21:31)

User avatar
harrison Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1846
Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
Location: Midlands & Up North
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 746 times

Re: New member saying hello

Post by harrison » 05 May 2020, 11:29

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the madhouse.

Also locked in sunny Derby-on-Sea at the mo. Let’s hope we’re nearing the end of our sentence, although not holding my breath despite our upcoming parole hearing on Sunday with the gov’ner. :whistle
harrison

'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: New member saying hello

Post by warder54 » 05 May 2020, 17:04

I think it's going to be another 14 days loss of priveleges!
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: New member saying hello

Post by Martin » 07 May 2020, 21:36

Another 3 weeks suits me fine...
Dead is forever, a few more weeks of staying at home, no problem!

Though it would be very nice if Mr Sunak would look after the 2million self employed that he seems to have called tax dodgers and avoided helping out. :wedgie

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Roy54 Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 310
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:04
Boat Make: Zodiac Pro 500
Outboard: Yamaha 60 EFI
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Southampton
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: New member saying hello

Post by Roy54 » 08 May 2020, 07:25

Martin wrote: ↑
07 May 2020, 21:36
Another 3 weeks suits me fine...
Dead is forever, a few more weeks of staying at home, no problem!

Though it would be very nice if Mr Sunak would look after the 2million self employed that he seems to have called tax dodgers and avoided helping out. :wedgie

Martin :cheers
Self employment has become less and less attractive, that's why I went back to an employed position. How many times did I hear "no help for you, your self employed". I reckon another 3 weeks and then restrictions will start to lift.
These users thanked the author Roy54 for the post:
Martin (08 May 2020, 07:27)

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”