Hi from Bonaire & Canada

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
SCTANTON Bonaire
I'm New
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Sep 2019, 19:26
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bonaire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi from Bonaire & Canada

Post by SCTANTON » 11 Sep 2019, 19:35

Hi Folks,

I just joined to try and help me pick the best tender, for my needs, for a Moody 45DS sailboat I am having built. Delivery is sometime in early 2020 so I have a little time to look at what is on the market and get some ideas from others. I will have a look around the forum and them post some more details and questions.

Cheers to all, :D
sctanton

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Hi from Bonaire & Canada

Post by ChrisParish » 11 Sep 2019, 19:41

Hello Sctanton and :welcome to the forum!

Does your spec Moody 45 have davits on the back or are you looking for something to store on deck?
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

SCTANTON Bonaire
I'm New
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Sep 2019, 19:26
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bonaire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hi from Bonaire & Canada

Post by SCTANTON » 11 Sep 2019, 22:16

Thanks for the welcome Chris. I am looking at having two Atlas Carbon-Fiber Davits fitted to the 45DS. I like the Atlas design, very modern and also very light weight while being strong. Actually they are made very close to where you live! They can be very easily removed and stored on the boat as they come with a two part option. The 45DS has a small ‘tender garage’ under the helm seats that can accommodate a small rolled up SIP or the F-Rib 330/360. My concerns are how easy would it be to unroll and then fill up the tubes while on the water, the 45DS does have a fold down swim platform but that is only about 1.3m wide by 1.0m deep. The same concerns are true for bringing either back onboard.

Cheers,
Steve

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Hi from Bonaire & Canada

Post by ChrisParish » 11 Sep 2019, 23:51

Hi Steve,

The 45DS sounds like quite the boat!
The 330/360 are very easy to set up on the deck as they just have two bolts and then you can pump it up using an easily available low pressure pump. A SIB is a bit more work as you would have a floor to insert and setup; an aluminium floor would be awkward as they can they can be quite fiddly and an airfloor would require a high pressure pump (not really a problem, just something to bare in mind).
I have seen F-RIBS hanging from davits so you would have the option of hanging it or folding it up.

I hope that helps.

Chris
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”