hello from kent
-
darren
- I'm New
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Nov 2017, 18:36
- Boat Make: honwave t35 ae2
- Outboard: yamaha 20hp
yamaha 6hp - Location: United Kingdom
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 1 time
hello from kent
Hi
My name is Darren and I've been messing around with boats for a while now.
I have had two sibs now, first was a 3.5ish meter avon with a 20hp stroke yamaha. got it for an absolute steal on ebay £750 quid turned out the boat was in awful condition used it twice flooded both times, lost the boat kept the motor and got a honewave t35 ae
this has been a great boat and been used a few time over the last 2 years but unfortunately not nearly as much as i would like, partly due to lack for people wanting to come out and not knowing anyone else with there own small boat and secondly because normally on nice boating days i am out on a 5.5 meter humber destroyer scuba diving or a taking that for a run with the diving club
so hopefully i can meet a few local people and get the boat out on a few runs next year as a group
cheers Darren
My name is Darren and I've been messing around with boats for a while now.
I have had two sibs now, first was a 3.5ish meter avon with a 20hp stroke yamaha. got it for an absolute steal on ebay £750 quid turned out the boat was in awful condition used it twice flooded both times, lost the boat kept the motor and got a honewave t35 ae
this has been a great boat and been used a few time over the last 2 years but unfortunately not nearly as much as i would like, partly due to lack for people wanting to come out and not knowing anyone else with there own small boat and secondly because normally on nice boating days i am out on a 5.5 meter humber destroyer scuba diving or a taking that for a run with the diving club
so hopefully i can meet a few local people and get the boat out on a few runs next year as a group
cheers Darren
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: hello from kent
Hi Darren and welcome to the forum.
Plenty of guys down your neck of the woods good choice of a sib as well honwaves have a big following on here
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: hello from kent
Hi Darren and
to the forum
The Honwave 3.5 with a 20hp is a great combination
Keep an eye on the Events section of the forum
as we've a few members in Kent that'll enjoy a group 'jolly'
There was talk of a visit to the Thames estuary forts BTW
Good to have you aboard and please join in with the banter

The Honwave 3.5 with a 20hp is a great combination
Keep an eye on the Events section of the forum
There was talk of a visit to the Thames estuary forts BTW
Good to have you aboard and please join in with the banter
-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: hello from kent
Hi Darren and welcome to the forum.
. I'm interested in that neck of the woods so an organised meet around the Thames Esturay etc may well catch my eye and a few others on here I would suggest. Keep us posted in the "events" thingy

I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
Mitch
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
- Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
- Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Swindon
- Has thanked: 118 times
- Been thanked: 113 times
Re: hello from kent
Hi Darren & welcome, this is a great forum to be on, good bunch of lads and plenty of advice.
I only joined this year and I felt the same as you , I think it’s a matter of getting confidence in your engine and boat that makes the difference, after going out with some of the guys on here and seeing what can happen like having drones falling on your head, loosing your tools in the water, falling in the water and engines packing up it’s safer to go out with like minded people but as confidence grows you’ll be happy to go out on your own. I’m now happier to go out on my own but not too far from land to do some fishing and once I have a bit more experience i will go further out, so best way is too get out with others and there’s plenty of guys on here will go with you and help you out.
I only joined this year and I felt the same as you , I think it’s a matter of getting confidence in your engine and boat that makes the difference, after going out with some of the guys on here and seeing what can happen like having drones falling on your head, loosing your tools in the water, falling in the water and engines packing up it’s safer to go out with like minded people but as confidence grows you’ll be happy to go out on your own. I’m now happier to go out on my own but not too far from land to do some fishing and once I have a bit more experience i will go further out, so best way is too get out with others and there’s plenty of guys on here will go with you and help you out.
-
Steve
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 336
- Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS - MMSI Number: 235902190
- Location: Fife
- Has thanked: 80 times
- Been thanked: 63 times
Re: hello from kent
Hi Darren and 
Hope you’re enjoying the Honwave - we’ve had some good adventures in ours this year...
Hope you’re enjoying the Honwave - we’ve had some good adventures in ours this year...
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: hello from kent
Greetings
Welcome to fribs & sibs.
There’s a large Honwave following on here, you’ve got yourself a rusty & capable sib there. As said above, plenty of guys around your neck of the woods so hopefully you’ll be able to get out a bit more
Enjoy the forum, great members offering great advice
Martin
Welcome to fribs & sibs.
There’s a large Honwave following on here, you’ve got yourself a rusty & capable sib there. As said above, plenty of guys around your neck of the woods so hopefully you’ll be able to get out a bit more
Enjoy the forum, great members offering great advice
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
darren
- I'm New
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Nov 2017, 18:36
- Boat Make: honwave t35 ae2
- Outboard: yamaha 20hp
yamaha 6hp - Location: United Kingdom
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: hello from kent
Thatnks for the warm welcome guys.
When you are talking about the estuary forts i assume you mean the maunsell forts (redsand fort)? If thats the case im making a run out there with my dive club on the rib on the 19th
Also the people from kent where do you normally lauch from, i tend to lauch in gillingham and head toward sheppy.
When you are talking about the estuary forts i assume you mean the maunsell forts (redsand fort)? If thats the case im making a run out there with my dive club on the rib on the 19th
Also the people from kent where do you normally lauch from, i tend to lauch in gillingham and head toward sheppy.
-
Speedo
- Active Member
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 04:53
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Johnson 5hp 2 stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Kent
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: hello from kent
Hi Darren,
I'm another Kent Honwave owner, although due to my little 5hp engine, I haven't ventured out of the non tidal Medway yet!!
I'm another Kent Honwave owner, although due to my little 5hp engine, I haven't ventured out of the non tidal Medway yet!!




