New member
-
Steuk60
- Active Member
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 17 Jul 2017, 09:16
- Boat Make: Honwave T38ie
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2 stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Fife
- Has thanked: 6 times
- Been thanked: 15 times
New member
Hi all, just popping up to say hello. I'm not yet an owner of any sib or boat of any description, but looking to correct that asap, on the hunt for probably a used 2.9, 3mtr or something of that size. Any advice, or heads up on any used units would be helpful. Thanks. Stewart..oh! Main use would be to get out to the fish I can't reach from the shore lol.
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: New member
Hi and welcome to the forum,
You will get lots of advise on what's the best sib, but it all depends on your budget and how you intend to transport it
I have a Honwave t32 with a 4 stroke 15hp Suzuki and think it's the best thing going, but I'm biased as it's my boat , others will say another make and type, have a good nosey around and I'm sure others will be along to give there thoughts
You will get lots of advise on what's the best sib, but it all depends on your budget and how you intend to transport it
I have a Honwave t32 with a 4 stroke 15hp Suzuki and think it's the best thing going, but I'm biased as it's my boat , others will say another make and type, have a good nosey around and I'm sure others will be along to give there thoughts
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: New member
Hi there Steuk60,
to our little forum.
There are so many different variety's of craft out there but with a bit more info we can hopefully point you in the right sort of direction.
Here's a link to the air floor/hull type design of sib
http://f-ribsandsibs.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53
Have a little read of that and hopefully that will give you some idea of the floor type you think you want.
A F-Rib is a superb design, they have a rigid articulated 3 section hull that folds up to a squarish shape, Very stable but usually heavier than the air floor / hull sibs.
A rib is a solid construction hull.. All one piece, for that you will need a trailer.
Are your requirements likely to change soon, ie family joining you or will it just be you on the boat?
What sort of weights can you carry?
What storage arrangements do you have in place?
Is a trailered boat something that fits your needs?
Do you have a specific budget in mind just for the boat / Outboard or a whole package?
Sorry for all the questions but it's best to get them all fired out at once so each member can see them and add to them or point you in the right direction.
There are so many different variety's of craft out there but with a bit more info we can hopefully point you in the right sort of direction.
Here's a link to the air floor/hull type design of sib
Have a little read of that and hopefully that will give you some idea of the floor type you think you want.
A F-Rib is a superb design, they have a rigid articulated 3 section hull that folds up to a squarish shape, Very stable but usually heavier than the air floor / hull sibs.
A rib is a solid construction hull.. All one piece, for that you will need a trailer.
Are your requirements likely to change soon, ie family joining you or will it just be you on the boat?
What sort of weights can you carry?
What storage arrangements do you have in place?
Is a trailered boat something that fits your needs?
Do you have a specific budget in mind just for the boat / Outboard or a whole package?
Sorry for all the questions but it's best to get them all fired out at once so each member can see them and add to them or point you in the right direction.
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
Steuk60
- Active Member
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 17 Jul 2017, 09:16
- Boat Make: Honwave T38ie
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2 stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Fife
- Has thanked: 6 times
- Been thanked: 15 times
Re: New member
I'm drawn to the honwave, I go away with the caravan, usually to seaside sites as I fish,too much! Something portable would suit, i.e., keep in the van to travel. I also have a wee trailer that I use for the odd car boot and I can put one on that if I were to get something I can keep inflated, would use the garage for that. Budget? Maybe around 1200, 1300 for a half decent package, second hand of course. Did think of honwave new, then get outboard for it later.it would be mostly used myself, occasionally maybe with a mate? General fishing in bays and estuaries is all I would do, just something to get out to the fish when the shore fishing is pants, as it is now.got a couple of sibs to look at, I'll hang back to get a decent buy, no rush! Been there and seen it, done it before, jumping in too quickly, and get bitten. I'll update as I go along. Thanks for the replies, will be looking out for as much info as I can muster. Cheers,, stewart..
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: New member
Cannot fault the Honwave, good price well made and lots about, if it's just mainly for you and you want ease of using it
The T32ie is a great sib, light weight compared to wooden or Ali floored sibs, handles the chop superbly and with a 9-15 up engine on the back it's a very handy set up,
The T32ie is a great sib, light weight compared to wooden or Ali floored sibs, handles the chop superbly and with a 9-15 up engine on the back it's a very handy set up,
-
sparerib
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 293
- Joined: 08 Jun 2016, 22:27
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 340
- Outboard: Yamaha 30hp 4 stroke
Yamaha 2.5hp 4 stroke - Location: Fife
- Has thanked: 36 times
- Been thanked: 69 times
Re: New member
Steuk60......Nice to see another Fifer on the forum !
I've got a small rib, if you want to come and have a look, sounds like you are set on a sib, but it might be useful to compare?
Chuck me a PM if you want to come and have a look I'm near St Andrews.
Cheers
I've got a small rib, if you want to come and have a look, sounds like you are set on a sib, but it might be useful to compare?
Chuck me a PM if you want to come and have a look I'm near St Andrews.
Cheers
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: New member
Hi there Stewart and
to the forum.
Good to have you aboard
and as you can see there's plenty of help on here if you ask
Good luck on your quest with purchase of the best setup to suit your needs

Good to have you aboard
Good luck on your quest with purchase of the best setup to suit your needs
-
rogerblack
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 884
- Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
- MMSI Number: 235913495
- Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
- Has thanked: 209 times
- Been thanked: 240 times
Re: New member
Hi Stewart and
to the forum.
Whereabouts in the Kingdom are you? I'm based in Kinghorn over the summer, usually launch from the slipway at Burntisland.
If you want to meet up and check out my Honwave give me a shout.

Whereabouts in the Kingdom are you? I'm based in Kinghorn over the summer, usually launch from the slipway at Burntisland.
If you want to meet up and check out my Honwave give me a shout.
cheers
Roger

“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
Roger
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
- komplexpro
- I'm New
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
- Boat Make: Excel SD-330
- Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
- MMSI Number: 235901944
- Location: Stratford - East London
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: New member
Hi Stewart and
to the forum.
I have an Excel SD330 with a Mercury 9.9 4strk and its great fun, here's a link of my SIB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8tgo5S66oA
Cheers
I have an Excel SD330 with a Mercury 9.9 4strk and its great fun, here's a link of my SIB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8tgo5S66oA
Cheers





