Page 1 of 4

Portable transducer mount

Posted: 31 May 2017, 09:10
by komplexpro
Hi,

:sos Does anyone have installed or experience with one of these Portable Transducer mounts or similar?
s-l1600.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (10.64 KiB) Viewed 8969 times
I would like to use my Garmin striker 4 fishfinder on my Excel SD330 so if you have any other options/suggestions on how to mount my transducer would be welcome :thumbsup .

Cheers

Re: Portable transducer mount

Posted: 31 May 2017, 18:05
by Fishery Pokery
I know Kaman was saying on the other forum that he uses one of these...
http://www.thetackle-shop.co.uk/section ... ith-5.html
Which is similar to yours but without the noting plate at the top.

Re: Portable transducer mount

Posted: 31 May 2017, 19:36
by Martin
Kaman, are you moonlighting :lol:

The transducer mount fishery pokery has posted up is the type I inherited from Paul last year, worked ok in my Honwave and they seem popular with the guys.

If you do buy the other type please let us know how you get on with it..

Martin :cheers

Re: Portable transducer mount

Posted: 31 May 2017, 20:30
by Fishery Pokery
Sorry Kaman, I have outed you! :o :whistle

Re: Portable transducer mount

Posted: 31 May 2017, 20:59
by kaman
Fishery Pokery wrote:Sorry Kaman, I have outed you! :o :whistle


You've outed yourself too :lol: :drive

I do recall giving Fribs and Sibs a plug on that other forum.
That's probably how you found yourself here :thumbsup

Re: Portable transducer mount

Posted: 31 May 2017, 21:01
by Stray
I found it a bit flimsy, but then I've got a big transducer. :D

Re: Portable transducer mount

Posted: 31 May 2017, 21:12
by kaman
There's no substitute for mounting the transducer direct to the transom in my book.
Unfortunately those T3.8 trim tabs prevent that.
The mount on its own would be prone to flapping around at speed, however mounting it tight against the trim tab and securing it to the launch wheel leg shores it up solid.
My Garmin echo transducer is smallish and light weight thus the mount works perfect with my transducer on a T3.8.
Can't say the clamp would work as well on another Rig with a larger transducer.

Re: Portable transducer mount

Posted: 31 May 2017, 21:19
by Fishery Pokery
The transducer I am going to use is quite big, I'll have to see how it works.

Thanks

Re: Portable transducer mount

Posted: 01 Jun 2017, 11:01
by komplexpro
Hi all,

Thank you for your comments, I do agree with Kaman that mounting the transducer directly to the transom would be must tidy option but I wouldn’t want to have to keep the unit packet away together with the SIB.

I will buy the one from the tackle shop and see how I get on with it, plus I think I might also be able to clamp my GoPro to it.

Re: Portable transducer mount

Posted: 02 Jun 2017, 11:10
by Gybemaster
I bought a magnetic mounting system which is brilliant. All you have mounted on the transom is a slim plate. Then it's dead easy to snap on the arm bracket either when launching the boat or even in the water. It's perfect for me and I use it with the Lowrance Elite Ti 7 TotalScan transducer.

http://www.fishfindermounts.com/transducer-mounts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk