Which tiller extension arm?

A sib is a soft floor inflatable boat that will roll up and fit into a bag to ease with carrying or storage.
There are many different floor designs, exampoles include - Air floor mat, Wooden/Metal boards over an Inflatable Keel or a High Pressure V Floor.
pedro916 England
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 28
Joined: 12 Oct 2017, 16:58
Boat Make: Honwave T32 ie
Outboard: Honda bf10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Pontefract , west yorks
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Which tiller extension arm?

Post by pedro916 » 16 Feb 2018, 19:35

You have a point Phil Dodds but captain Jack burns to much fuel the little bugger lol

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

pedro916 England
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 28
Joined: 12 Oct 2017, 16:58
Boat Make: Honwave T32 ie
Outboard: Honda bf10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Pontefract , west yorks
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Which tiller extension arm?

Post by pedro916 » 16 Feb 2018, 19:38

Redron wrote:Which begs the question...
Why is the one and only seat not positioned further back in the first place ? I’ve often wondered what effect sitting on the tubes would have on the steering, Roger seems to have answered that .
I am on the cusp of buying a t32 and will probably invest in the Coleman 36l coolbox for storage, and to sit on whilst ‘driving’. If I have done my research correctly, it should fit nicely between the tubes.
Any one else do this ?
You can mount the seat further back with a kit to bond two more seat Mount s to the tubes think gaelforce marine do them something I may consider for future.


Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Which tiller extension arm?

Post by mattswan2512 » 16 Feb 2018, 22:45

I always sit on the tubes with my legs locked under the seat and i have never had any issues but i am only 12 stone 9 so perhaps i dont weigh enough for it to be an issue?
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Which tiller extension arm?

Post by Paul B » 16 Feb 2018, 23:16

I also always sat on the tubes, maybe that’s why my T32 was such a wet sib, with 16+stone sat at the back it’s no wonder :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat”