Has Anyone Tried One Of These Seat Brackets?

A sib is a soft floor inflatable boat that will roll up and fit into a bag to ease with carrying or storage.
There are many different floor designs, exampoles include - Air floor mat, Wooden/Metal boards over an Inflatable Keel or a High Pressure V Floor.
Post Reply
User avatar
ColoradoFourWheeler United States of America
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 19 Jun 2019, 14:26
Boat Make: 2001 Maaxon CS420FL
Outboard: 1969 Evinrude 25903B 25HP Sportster
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Denver, CO USA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Has Anyone Tried One Of These Seat Brackets?

Post by ColoradoFourWheeler » 19 Jun 2019, 15:26

I'm torn between getting a padded top for the bench seats or a couple of these brackets and having proper seats. Has anyone ever tried this type of mount? I wonder what the ride difference is between having a seat on the rigid bottom of the boat versus the pontoons, how does that impact the comfort of the ride? One issue I've always had is that sometimes the bench seats on the pontoons are a bit bouncy but on the other hand I'm not sure if this makes it not bouncy enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Seati ... ods&sr=1-8
41KViV23PNL.jpg
These users thanked the author ColoradoFourWheeler for the post:
Martin (20 Jun 2019, 13:52)
2001 Maxxon 4.2m (14') CS420FL SIB • 1969 Evinrude Sportster 25HP 25903B Outboard • Folding Trailer With Ball Hitch

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Has Anyone Tried One Of These Seat Brackets?

Post by Martin » 19 Jun 2019, 15:39

That my friend is a cracking idea and I've certainly not seen them in the UK...
Guess what I'll be knocking up in the garage :clappy :yay ohyeh

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
9-R Republic of Texas
Super Poster
Posts: 932
Joined: 12 Feb 2016, 13:56
Boat Make: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
Outboard: Mercury 90hp EFI
Location: The Republic of Texas
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Has Anyone Tried One Of These Seat Brackets?

Post by 9-R » 19 Jun 2019, 19:48

I've seen them for sale in the States but never tried it. I got the cushion type with the bag below for my wife. It helped some and I really liked the storage bag underneath. It was just shy of touching the deck so it kept things dryer.
Wrote a note said, 'back in a minute'. Bought a boat and I sailed off in it.

Mitch England
Veteran Member
Posts: 575
Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Swindon
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Has Anyone Tried One Of These Seat Brackets?

Post by Mitch » 20 Jun 2019, 08:14

Hi CFW & welcome to the forum,
I’ve never seen one of those in the uk but as quite a few of us have v air floors it don’t look like it would be any good,
This is what I’ve done to give myself a bit of comfort.
20190626_175727.jpg
Last edited by The Hobbit on 06 Sep 2019, 05:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rotated image

User avatar
ColoradoFourWheeler United States of America
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 19 Jun 2019, 14:26
Boat Make: 2001 Maaxon CS420FL
Outboard: 1969 Evinrude 25903B 25HP Sportster
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Denver, CO USA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Has Anyone Tried One Of These Seat Brackets?

Post by ColoradoFourWheeler » 20 Jun 2019, 13:12

That has been another of my options is the seat on the bench. If I do a custom floor, which I may this year, then I may instead just bolt a pedestal mount directly to it.
2001 Maxxon 4.2m (14') CS420FL SIB • 1969 Evinrude Sportster 25HP 25903B Outboard • Folding Trailer With Ball Hitch

chigiabelo United States of America
I'm New
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Sep 2019, 14:35
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Reno, NV
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Has Anyone Tried One Of These Seat Brackets?

Post by chigiabelo » 05 Sep 2019, 15:01

Image What I've done is bought one of these swivel seat cushions and i just pop it on top of the usual hard seat. There are many styles to choose from depending on your budget, but I like this one because it's extremely light, has a non slip bottom and lets me easily swivel from facing back and forth.

Post Reply

Return to “SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat”