Additional Seat

A sib is a soft floor inflatable boat that will roll up and fit into a bag to ease with carrying or storage.
There are many different floor designs, exampoles include - Air floor mat, Wooden/Metal boards over an Inflatable Keel or a High Pressure V Floor.
acidcloud
Active Member
Posts: 131
Joined: 07 Jul 2017, 22:11
Boat Make: Warrior 165
Outboard: 70 Hp Suzuki
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Brighton
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Additional Seat

Post by acidcloud » 01 Nov 2017, 11:41

Bought a second hand Honwave seat for my T38 off ebay bargain and pukka seat.

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Additional Seat

Post by mattswan2512 » 01 Nov 2017, 11:48

Other option could be the folding seat/pads that paul and martin and james have. Not sure were they got them but look comfy and you can sit into the boat rather than ontop of it....

Hopefully they will be along shortly with a link
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

User avatar
Red5
I'm New
Posts: 9
Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 03:29
Boat Make: Zodiac 2.85 Cadet
Outboard: Mariner 4hp 2 Stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: South Coast
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Additional Seat

Post by Red5 » 01 Nov 2017, 21:59

I found a seat at a boat jumble with the fittings, just had to add the straps - Ebay for £8.95 as I remember, the only thing I would add, if glueing to a pvc boat, is use MEK thinners to prime it first, available at most Chandlers, but a bit pricey for what it is!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Additional Seat

Post by Martin » 01 Nov 2017, 23:45

mattswan2512 wrote:Other option could be the folding seat/pads that paul and martin and james have. Not sure were they got them but look comfy and you can sit into the boat rather than ontop of it....

Hopefully they will be along shortly with a link
As if by magic
https://seamarknunn.com/acatalog/Plasti ... gJ0x_D_BwE :clappy
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

pritch
Advanced Member
Posts: 247
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 21:51
Boat Make: BISON 390
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Staffordshire
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Additional Seat

Post by pritch » 02 Nov 2017, 00:31

Red5 wrote:I found a seat at a boat jumble with the fittings, just had to add the straps - Ebay for £8.95 as I remember, the only thing I would add, if glueing to a pvc boat, is use MEK thinners to prime it first, available at most Chandlers, but a bit pricey for what it is!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Just purchased a litre off ebay for £8 :thumbsup

User avatar
Captain cod England
Veteran Member
Posts: 373
Joined: 24 Nov 2016, 21:51
Boat Make: Humber
Outboard: Mariner 40hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Manchester
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Additional Seat

Post by Captain cod » 02 Nov 2017, 05:37

That sounds very cheap. Did you get the 2 part glue? ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Captain cod England
Veteran Member
Posts: 373
Joined: 24 Nov 2016, 21:51
Boat Make: Humber
Outboard: Mariner 40hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Manchester
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Additional Seat

Post by Captain cod » 02 Nov 2017, 06:36

Sorry my bad I thought you were talking about glue

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Additional Seat

Post by Martin » 02 Nov 2017, 22:57

Be careful with the MEK, It's nasty stuff.
It could possibly discolour the boat or entice cracking at a later date if over used.

I've no idea what the alternative is, I know a lot of folk use mek... it's just I deliver lots of different products (tanker driver in the petroleum chem industry) and I see what these solvents do to gloves etc... :LMT
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Red5
I'm New
Posts: 9
Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 03:29
Boat Make: Zodiac 2.85 Cadet
Outboard: Mariner 4hp 2 Stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: South Coast
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Additional Seat

Post by Red5 » 03 Nov 2017, 19:36

pritch wrote:
Red5 wrote:I found a seat at a boat jumble with the fittings, just had to add the straps - Ebay for £8.95 as I remember, the only thing I would add, if glueing to a pvc boat, is use MEK thinners to prime it first, available at most Chandlers, but a bit pricey for what it is!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Just purchased a litre off ebay for £8 :thumbsup
That's really cheap! Could you send me a link for it? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Speedo Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 55
Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 04:53
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Johnson 5hp 2 stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Additional Seat

Post by Speedo » 03 Jan 2018, 08:23

acidcloud wrote:Bought a second hand Honwave seat for my T38 off ebay bargain and pukka seat.
I've just got one too......any tips on fitting it please? I'm worried about gluing the straps wrong. Did you inflate the boat and then wedge the seat in place to mark the correct place for the straps?

Apologies if I sound like a div, but I really don't want to mess this up!!!!

Post Reply

Return to “SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat”