Page 1 of 1

West Bay this weekend

Posted: 30 Jul 2020, 12:08
by Erniesib
Hi all, new to forum from Bridport. Got Honwave T32 and 15hp Tohatsu. Putting boat on pontoon for weekend at West Bay as have season ticket holder and then only a tenner a night (go for easy option these day!). Any members out there in area want to meet up for trip out fishing be happy to buddy up. New to area here so be glad of company in new SIB.

Re: West Bay this weekend

Posted: 30 Jul 2020, 20:59
by Sarah
:welcome Ernie, hope its a good weekend afloat, sure someone local will be along soon :-)

Re: West Bay this weekend

Posted: 30 Jul 2020, 22:52
by PeterM
I will be in west bay on Sat ! Alas... not with my own boat.. but fiddling about with a very big very black 600hp RIB ! (A struggle but someone has to try it out :) .. not mine but I'm just helping out )

Hopefully just a few minor tweaks before running fully next week... coding inspection done today :)

Re: West Bay this weekend

Posted: 31 Jul 2020, 09:57
by Martin
Hiya Ernie, I'm sure theres a few other members around your way, Hopefully a few will see the post and join you on your jaunt.
Enjoy !!
I'm not jealous at all :mrgreen:

Martin :cheers

Re: West Bay this weekend

Posted: 01 Aug 2020, 21:25
by PeterM
Ernie .. I'm sure I saw the boat... but didn't get round to saying hi...i think it may have been a bit bumpy out there for a sib... ?

I had my head inside the console fitting wires and stuff.. but did get out for a little test run on the new charter boat there.... just enough HH to get it going.. it amazes to think these 2 are the same as 100 x of the 6hp.... both 6hp and 600 are fun.. but per pound id take the 6hp tbh.

Re: West Bay this weekend

Posted: 06 Aug 2020, 14:54
by Erniesib
Hi, sorry late getting back. Yeah stuck my head out too but decided too lumpy for me on the day. I that a bit of a problem for a small boat at West Bay as exposed to south/south westlies Did most of my boating on South coast of Wales and usually able to find shelter behind the headlands at Penarth, Porthcawl, Swansea Bay, Oxwich and Saunderfoot.

Re: West Bay this weekend

Posted: 06 Aug 2020, 15:58
by PeterM
Yep - I know how you feel in the rough - if its practical I often drive to Teignmouth as you get a lot of nice flat sheltered water down & up the coast even in a strong SW :)

Re: West Bay this weekend

Posted: 06 Aug 2020, 16:19
by NeilJ
Erniesib wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2020, 14:54
Hi, sorry late getting back. Yeah stuck my head out too but decided too lumpy for me on the day. I that a bit of a problem for a small boat at West Bay as exposed to south/south westlies Did most of my boating on South coast of Wales and usually able to find shelter behind the headlands at Penarth, Porthcawl, Swansea Bay, Oxwich and Saunderfoot.
Hi Ernie, Portland/ Weymouth is pretty sheltered most of the time.