Page 1 of 1

Beach Fishing

Posted: 12 Sep 2019, 07:16
by jonsy
Well I have a passion for fishing off the beach and last Tuesday when I was lure fishing , I caught a couple of garfish . Whilst I was casting and retrieving im always looking at what is going on in the sea , then about 30yds from where I was fishing I saw all these garfish making a B-line for the shore and the next thing a dolphin jumped out the water . Needless to say it was a cracking sight to see and well I did not catch much after that , but seeing the dolphin made my afternoon.

Re: Beach Fishing

Posted: 12 Sep 2019, 07:27
by ChrisParish
Wow! Where did you see that, Jonsy?

Re: Beach Fishing

Posted: 12 Sep 2019, 12:19
by jonsy
Chesil cove .

Re: Beach Fishing

Posted: 12 Sep 2019, 12:32
by jonsy
Just past the nature reserve on the causeway going to Portland there is a roundabout at the roundabout turn right so you go up the slip road and park there . Probably one of the only places where parking is free . Then you have the walk up chesil bank .

Re: Beach Fishing

Posted: 24 Jan 2020, 18:26
by billfish3r
I love beach fishing. Usually I just sit on the beach, put my rod in a holder and wait for the fishes to bite. I don't always get a bite but the whole experience is very relaxing.

Re: Beach Fishing

Posted: 24 Jun 2020, 16:04
by lhargraves43
Beaches are fun and relaxing. My routine is usually fishing in the morning and the late afternoon and evening is spent combing the beach with my metal detector. This is why I always carry my trusty GearLight LED Tactical Flashlight; its light is bright enough to see even the smallest coins in the dark . If youre looking to buy a flashlight, you should read this article.

Re: Beach Fishing

Posted: 21 Oct 2020, 15:15
by Stray
Pumped some bait at the weekend;
20201018_103657.jpg
Went fishing down the cliffs on Monday.
20201019_093547.jpg
Caught seven and kept four.
20201019_133245.jpg
20201019_105946.jpg
And this little fellow, which was returned.
20201019_114019.jpg
Hope the winter shore fishing is better than the sumer boat fishing. :Boxsmile

Re: Beach Fishing

Posted: 21 Oct 2020, 16:45
by Oldman
Ahh well done, we call those Unicorns darn sarf on account of how rare they are. :thumbsup