Page 1 of 2

Engine Stand

Posted: 01 Jun 2016, 23:11
by James
Hi

To take my mind of other things I decided to knock up an engine stand for my 2 Stoke 15HP motor

I didn't design anything. I found old wood, old wood protection, some screws and just slapped it together. Considering I knocked it up without thinking about it, it has come out pretty good.

It takes my weight so should easily take the outboard :D

The wood protection is now just drying.

James

Re: Engine Stand

Posted: 02 Jun 2016, 09:59
by rogerblack
:wavey

Nice job, James.

I might copy that design - if you haven't patented it! ;-)

:cheers

Re: Engine Stand

Posted: 02 Jun 2016, 10:22
by Andy B
rogerblack wrote:
I might copy that design - if you haven't patented it! ;-)
you're ok it looks like stain to me. ;-)

Nice job...

Re: Engine Stand

Posted: 02 Jun 2016, 13:34
by mattswan2512
Nice one bud good job jobbed!!!

Re: Engine Stand

Posted: 02 Jun 2016, 15:41
by Martin
Andy B wrote:
rogerblack wrote:
I might copy that design - if you haven't patented it! ;-)
you're ok it looks like stain to me. ;-)

Nice job...
Yup, Deffo a preservative :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top jobby job job

Re: Engine Stand

Posted: 02 Jun 2016, 19:07
by James
I might copy that design - if you haven't patented it!
Go for it mate. I'll measure it if you want :o

Cheers chaps. The finished product...

Maybe it's a bit high but I guess it isn't too bad since I didn't measure the outboard :lol:
Maybe I could do with some wheels for it. Any recommendations?

Re: Engine Stand

Posted: 02 Jun 2016, 20:18
by mattswan2512
Loving the stand with matching prop!!!!

Re: Engine Stand

Posted: 02 Jun 2016, 20:25
by James
mattswan2512 wrote:Loving the stand with matching prop!!!!
lol, it wasn't designed that way lol. The stain was left over old stuff. I decided to stain it because it lives outside until my garage gets built :)

In case anyone wants to replicate it I've added the wood lengths in the attached photos.
It doesnt come out well, but its suppose to say 45deg for the angles.

Re: Engine Stand

Posted: 12 Jun 2016, 19:58
by James
I purchased these wheels for the stand. They take 80Kg so are more than enough.
I stood on the stand with the engine and they still worked fine lol

The spin and have brakes on them. I brought them from Screwfix

Re: Engine Stand

Posted: 12 Jun 2016, 20:01
by mattswan2512
Nice one bud looking snazzy their!!!