Engine Stand

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
User avatar
James England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1115
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 12:25
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: 1999 Johnson 2-Stroke 15 HP
MMSI Number: 235914355
Location: Copthorne, West Sussex
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 61 times
Contact:

Engine Stand

Post by James » 01 Jun 2016, 23:11

Hi

To take my mind of other things I decided to knock up an engine stand for my 2 Stoke 15HP motor

I didn't design anything. I found old wood, old wood protection, some screws and just slapped it together. Considering I knocked it up without thinking about it, it has come out pretty good.

It takes my weight so should easily take the outboard :D

The wood protection is now just drying.

James
Attachments
enginestand2.png
enginestand1.png
James

2015 F-Rib 360 married to a 1999 fully rebuilt 15hp 2 Stroke Johnson engine and 22 litre fuel tank.
Mods: Launch wheels, Towing Eyes, 2 Bench Seat Cushions, and 1 Bench Seat Bag
Boat name: Cichlid

User avatar
rogerblack Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 884
Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
MMSI Number: 235913495
Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: Engine Stand

Post by rogerblack » 02 Jun 2016, 09:59

:wavey

Nice job, James.

I might copy that design - if you haven't patented it! ;-)

:cheers
cheers
Roger

:fishing
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”

Andy B England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1825
Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
Location: lost in space
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Andy B » 02 Jun 2016, 10:22

rogerblack wrote:
I might copy that design - if you haven't patented it! ;-)
you're ok it looks like stain to me. ;-)

Nice job...

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Engine Stand

Post by mattswan2512 » 02 Jun 2016, 13:34

Nice one bud good job jobbed!!!
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Martin » 02 Jun 2016, 15:41

Andy B wrote:
rogerblack wrote:
I might copy that design - if you haven't patented it! ;-)
you're ok it looks like stain to me. ;-)

Nice job...
Yup, Deffo a preservative :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top jobby job job
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
James England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1115
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 12:25
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: 1999 Johnson 2-Stroke 15 HP
MMSI Number: 235914355
Location: Copthorne, West Sussex
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 61 times
Contact:

Re: Engine Stand

Post by James » 02 Jun 2016, 19:07

I might copy that design - if you haven't patented it!
Go for it mate. I'll measure it if you want :o

Cheers chaps. The finished product...

Maybe it's a bit high but I guess it isn't too bad since I didn't measure the outboard :lol:
Maybe I could do with some wheels for it. Any recommendations?
Attachments
engine1.png
James

2015 F-Rib 360 married to a 1999 fully rebuilt 15hp 2 Stroke Johnson engine and 22 litre fuel tank.
Mods: Launch wheels, Towing Eyes, 2 Bench Seat Cushions, and 1 Bench Seat Bag
Boat name: Cichlid

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Engine Stand

Post by mattswan2512 » 02 Jun 2016, 20:18

Loving the stand with matching prop!!!!
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

User avatar
James England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1115
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 12:25
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: 1999 Johnson 2-Stroke 15 HP
MMSI Number: 235914355
Location: Copthorne, West Sussex
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 61 times
Contact:

Re: Engine Stand

Post by James » 02 Jun 2016, 20:25

mattswan2512 wrote:Loving the stand with matching prop!!!!
lol, it wasn't designed that way lol. The stain was left over old stuff. I decided to stain it because it lives outside until my garage gets built :)

In case anyone wants to replicate it I've added the wood lengths in the attached photos.
It doesnt come out well, but its suppose to say 45deg for the angles.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
These users thanked the author James for the post:
rogerblack (02 Jun 2016, 22:52)
James

2015 F-Rib 360 married to a 1999 fully rebuilt 15hp 2 Stroke Johnson engine and 22 litre fuel tank.
Mods: Launch wheels, Towing Eyes, 2 Bench Seat Cushions, and 1 Bench Seat Bag
Boat name: Cichlid

User avatar
James England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1115
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 12:25
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: 1999 Johnson 2-Stroke 15 HP
MMSI Number: 235914355
Location: Copthorne, West Sussex
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 61 times
Contact:

Re: Engine Stand

Post by James » 12 Jun 2016, 19:58

I purchased these wheels for the stand. They take 80Kg so are more than enough.
I stood on the stand with the engine and they still worked fine lol

The spin and have brakes on them. I brought them from Screwfix
Attachments
stand.png
wheels.png
James

2015 F-Rib 360 married to a 1999 fully rebuilt 15hp 2 Stroke Johnson engine and 22 litre fuel tank.
Mods: Launch wheels, Towing Eyes, 2 Bench Seat Cushions, and 1 Bench Seat Bag
Boat name: Cichlid

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Engine Stand

Post by mattswan2512 » 12 Jun 2016, 20:01

Nice one bud looking snazzy their!!!
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”