Padded boot liner
Posted: 24 Mar 2016, 13:07
Being a big fan of cushioned floor matting on my sib floors I decided to use it on my car boot floor.
The carpet in the boot is very slippery and things are always sliding around when the car is in transit.
When carrying my outboard engines in the boot I always put down an old pillow as the floor is so hard.
I had an pack of Rolson cushioned flooring in the garage so decided to set about cutting it to shape.
Got a couple of old cardboard boxes out of my recycling bin folded them flat and then sellotaped pieces of paper around the edges.
Placed it in the boot and folded the paper around the edges and traced the shape of the boot with a black marker pen.
After I had traced the boot shape I cut it out.
I used this as a template to mark the shape of the boot onto the matting.
Thereafter cut the matting to shape.
It's made of a durable rubberised foam.
It will provide cushioning and stop things sliding around the boot.
Took me ten mins .
It's on sale at Halfords 10 squid per pack.
I know my mate paid around 40 quid for a boot liner for his ford focus and it's made of nasty plastic.
Foam matting strikes again.
Think I'll use it in the house when it comes time for new carpets

The carpet in the boot is very slippery and things are always sliding around when the car is in transit.
When carrying my outboard engines in the boot I always put down an old pillow as the floor is so hard.
I had an pack of Rolson cushioned flooring in the garage so decided to set about cutting it to shape.
Got a couple of old cardboard boxes out of my recycling bin folded them flat and then sellotaped pieces of paper around the edges.
Placed it in the boot and folded the paper around the edges and traced the shape of the boot with a black marker pen.
After I had traced the boot shape I cut it out.
I used this as a template to mark the shape of the boot onto the matting.
Thereafter cut the matting to shape.
It's made of a durable rubberised foam.
It will provide cushioning and stop things sliding around the boot.
Took me ten mins .
It's on sale at Halfords 10 squid per pack.
I know my mate paid around 40 quid for a boot liner for his ford focus and it's made of nasty plastic.
Foam matting strikes again.
Think I'll use it in the house when it comes time for new carpets