Page 1 of 1

Folding Engine Stand DIY

Posted: 01 Mar 2020, 20:40
by Gray
Instead of spending the day decorating, much to my other half dismay I instead decided to build myself an engine stand. Well the sun was shining for the first time in weeks and it would be rude to stay indoors.

The legs fold flat so it can be stored against the wall when not in use (I pinched the idea from a fella on Youtube). I'm really pleased with the final result. It feels really solid, although I may lower it by a couple of inches. I already had the wood knocking about, the only thing I had to buy where the coach bolts for the front folding legs. All in it cost me £1.80, jobs a good 'un. :yay

I photographed these with a wide angle lens so the engine does appear to be larger than it really is .

stand1.jpeg
stand2.jpeg
stand3.jpeg
stand4.jpeg
stand5.jpeg

Re: Folding Engine Stand DIY

Posted: 13 Mar 2020, 07:20
by Martin
Looks cracking... :clappy

Is it the rear legs that fold in and hinge back out on a bolt ?
The engine main transom mount being the stop for the legs??

Martin :cheers

Re: Folding Engine Stand DIY

Posted: 13 Mar 2020, 09:27
by Gray
@Martin Yes, that’s right. I have got some wheels for it just need to work out how to fit them.

Re: Folding Engine Stand DIY

Posted: 13 Mar 2020, 10:20
by Martin
Gray wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2020, 09:27
@Martin Yes, that’s right. I have got some wheels for it just need to work out how to fit them.
On the bottom :clappy :shame

Martin :cheers