Page 1 of 1

Grab Handles for inflatable boats

Posted: 29 Jun 2015, 23:38
by Paul
You may well laugh folks but works for me :Confused
Here is a cheap alternative to the glue on grab handles on inflatable boats.
On my last couple of boats I've been spoilt with having plenty of grab handles to use for holding on to, carrying the boat and tying off to 8-)
One of my criticisms of the F-Rib was the lack of grab handles leaving you to rely on the nylon rope along the tube tops to do all of the above but noticed lots of other manufacturers are also guilty of this short fall :(
With the proper glue on handles being £20+ each and me wanting to add 4 at least it's a :no not only the cost but the positioning impeded the folding of the boat making it too bulky :idea:
So I've got 4 of these and they can be positioned where ever I want, takes a second to clip on and off, insert your hand and the wrist takes the strain not your palm, no sharp edges to damage the tubes, rinse them off when washing the boat and can be folded with the boat, happy days :)
20150618_221915[1].jpg
Guessed what they are :?:
Yup :!: Large, very heavy dog restraint leads at 11" long just perfect for my needs
20150621_190321[1].jpg


They are Nylon webbing with heavy stitching and nickel buckles at £12 for 4 posted and I'm very happy they've ticked ALL of the boxes for launching, out and about in a very choppy sea and washing them off shows no corrosion so far :) If I change them every year I don't care for £12 ;-)
This may not fit other owners image requirements but I'm after functionality and ease of use :|

Paul

Let the pi$$ take begin :!: :lol:

Re: Grab Handles for inflatable boats

Posted: 30 Jun 2015, 19:26
by Martin
Absolutely brilliant Paul,
I'll be having some of those, it'll help steady the nipper and surely give the Mrs a tad more confidence.
Thanks for sharing :cheers

Re: Grab Handles for inflatable boats

Posted: 30 Jun 2015, 21:17
by Paul
Honestly Martin these are the easiest and the cheapest mods I've had on any of my boats :o
You can also use them for other tasks such as to tie things down like geared up ready to go fishing rods by looping and hooking the lead to itself onto the tube rope.
Once you've got some you'll see how handy they are ;-)

Paul

Re: Grab Handles for inflatable boats

Posted: 03 Jul 2015, 17:37
by Martin
I could use them to walk the dog too :mrgreen: :shame :rofl

Re: Grab Handles for inflatable boats

Posted: 03 Jul 2015, 20:46
by Paul
Martin wrote:I could use them to walk the dog too :mrgreen: :shame :rofl
Buy 4 and when the weathers not good enough to get the boat out, head for the bedroom :whistle

Paul

Re: Grab Handles for inflatable boats

Posted: 18 Aug 2015, 19:15
by James
I brought some. Awesome idea!

Heres the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261162445816

Re: Grab Handles for inflatable boats

Posted: 18 Aug 2015, 21:05
by Martin
I got some too, cracking idea.
They only had two red in stock, so I bought two green as well as the red..
Hmmmm, green and red, where might I have seen that I wonder :lol:

Re: Grab Handles for inflatable boats

Posted: 28 Aug 2015, 23:53
by kaman
I'm gonna have me 4 blue ones.
Smashing idea bit more peace of mind when the going gets ruff.