Page 1 of 2

fishing mods done

Posted: 26 Aug 2018, 10:16
by Mitch
Finally got round to doing the mods I wanted to the boat to make it a bit easier when fishing with 2 in the boat.
Transducer done, made up a bracket to lower it a bit, hope the bracket doesn't cause too much problems with the water.
20180823_113058.jpg
fishing rods attached to the transom (bought 2 from fladens, they were less than half the price of 1 railblaza but the quality is not as good, had to put PTA tape around the splines to stop them wobbling a bit.
20180823_113438.jpg

Cleatport attached (this was a pita, the 3m pad would not stick due to the curve of the tubes so had to use 2k glue) with fairlead for the anchor rope & Velcro patches glued on for bow dodger which has made a difference to the height of the dodger. Bought a flexi bucket for the anchor & with that in position I can still get to the valves.
20180817_110735.jpg

Glued on some extra d rings to get bags out of the way as I've got rid of the big plastic boxes & put it in dry bags.


Got the seat bolted on but found that when I sat in it, it was too wobbly & I could see myself falling out of the seat or even worse out of the boat so I fitted a length of wood to both seats to stabalise the wobble & it works, it's a bit obtrusive so may replace the wooden beam with a metal tube.
20180812_143024 (1).jpg
20180825_121550 (1).jpg

Just about finished so now i have a boat for fishing in the summer complete with cans of cider.
20180825_133452.jpg
and a boat for winter fishing complete with mug of steaming hot chocolate
20180825_134502.jpg

Re: fishing mods done

Posted: 26 Aug 2018, 11:26
by Andy B
Loving the "cup holder" ;-)

Re: fishing mods done

Posted: 26 Aug 2018, 19:50
by Paul
Mitch
Great mods mate 8-)
I love reading/seeing each skippers ideas for mods to make their craft 'their own' :thumbsup
Some very happy and merry days afloat ahead me thinks :cheers

Re: fishing mods done

Posted: 27 Aug 2018, 10:45
by Andy B
Hey Paul,
Look someone else who has a big brolly ;-)

Re: fishing mods done

Posted: 27 Aug 2018, 11:20
by Alan
Paul,
Well thought out an effective mods! I think I will look at adding a similar seat over the winter if you do nott mind a copy on this side of the Atlantic ocean.

Re: fishing mods done

Posted: 29 Aug 2018, 09:03
by Mitch
Andy I think the cup holder will come in handy as it has slots for the filleting knife as well not too sure about the brolly though, don't think it will last long, one gust of wind & it'll be gone.

Hi Alan, help yourself mate that's what the pics are for, to give people ideas, I put the seat on to try cause after several hours on the tube or the bench seat my ass aches & on the WWA this year getting out of the boat was a problem as I had a job to stand so I rolled out of the boat onto the pontoon much to Martins amusement so hopefully this will help me keep a bit of dignity when leaving the boat. :shame

Re: fishing mods done

Posted: 29 Aug 2018, 10:25
by Cliff
:thumbsup Great mods Mitch, thanks for the pics :cheers

Re: fishing mods done

Posted: 29 Aug 2018, 17:34
by Andy B
Mitch wrote: ↑
29 Aug 2018, 09:03
not too sure about the brolly though, don't think it will last long, one gust of wind & it'll be gone.
They are a great addition to any boat :D

Re: fishing mods done

Posted: 29 Aug 2018, 20:42
by Mitch
:rofl :rofl that’s it if it’s good enough for my mentor then it’s good enough for me.

Re: fishing mods done

Posted: 29 Aug 2018, 22:28
by Paul
Mitch wrote: ↑
29 Aug 2018, 20:42
:rofl :rofl that’s it if it’s good enough for my mentor then it’s good enough for me.
Donny (The Gurnard) rule is "everyrthing on a boat should have at least 2 uses" .......
maybe a rope tied round the shaft and deploy the umbrella as a sea anchor :whistle :lol: