Page 1 of 1
Help, transducer bracket
Posted: 17 Aug 2018, 12:01
by Mitch
I’m gonna use Steve’s transducer setup, the question is does the transducer have to be below the trim pads so it has a clear view the length of the boat.
Re: Help, transducer bracket
Posted: 17 Aug 2018, 12:10
by ChrisParish
It doesn’t need a view up the boat so much as to be in reasonably clean water - ie not turbulent. It also needs to remain below the waterline. As you increase your speed so the waterline behind the transom changes until it is at or below the trim tabs when you are on the plane.
Short answer - the bottom of the transducer should be below the tab.
Re: Help, transducer bracket
Posted: 17 Aug 2018, 12:24
by Mitch
Thanks Chris, that means I’m gonna have to make a bracket & attach it to the wood to lower it.
Tis is how it is at the moment.
Re: Help, transducer bracket
Posted: 17 Aug 2018, 13:20
by ChrisParish
Yeah, I would say that wants to come down a smidge. Second piece of wood underneath should do it!
Re: Help, transducer bracket
Posted: 17 Aug 2018, 15:41
by Steve
Hi Mitch
Since I sent you that photo, I’ve used the boat quite a bit and was really impressed with the bracket. It’s easy on / off, twists when required to enable the boat to be beached, and more importantly appears to work well with the fish finder / chart plotter!
Looks like you’ve got yours sorted too. It’s not that clear from my pic, but the transducer is just below the trim tab (as Chris said), so hope that helps finalising your design?
I’m going to change the metal clips on mine for nylon ones; due to saltwater use, they’ve already corroded.
Good luck and hope it works out for you too

Re: Help, transducer bracket
Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 16:24
by Pengo
That looks great what sort of clips are they?
Re: Help, transducer bracket
Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 21:10
by Mitch
They’re tool clips or metal spring clips but as Steve stated they do rust out so I’ll be using some plastic waste pipe slit length ways so it clips over the wheel arm.
Re: Help, transducer bracket
Posted: 01 Feb 2022, 21:47
by bun
if you look at donny on youtube he has his transducer mounted in a box the transducer picks up the sonic pulse from inside the boat