Life line
-
Mitch
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
- Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
- Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Swindon
- Has thanked: 118 times
- Been thanked: 113 times
Life line
Need some help here guys,
I want to cut the life line on top of the tube at the front of the boat. Instead of leaving the ends dangling I want it to look original. It appears the fabric is woven around a rubber tube so my question is, what tool (if there is one) can I use to prise the fabric apart to
A) pass the end through itself
B) open the fabric up to pass the end down through the tube
So that it looks just like this one
I want to cut the life line on top of the tube at the front of the boat. Instead of leaving the ends dangling I want it to look original. It appears the fabric is woven around a rubber tube so my question is, what tool (if there is one) can I use to prise the fabric apart to
A) pass the end through itself
B) open the fabric up to pass the end down through the tube
So that it looks just like this one
-
Andy B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1825
- Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
- Location: lost in space
- Has thanked: 78 times
- Been thanked: 252 times
Re: Life line
Mitch,
You needs some Fids.
I've got some if you want to borrow them, but they are not expensive.
But be warned, rope splicing is addictive
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selma-set-of ... xysE5SbNEP
You needs some Fids.
I've got some if you want to borrow them, but they are not expensive.
But be warned, rope splicing is addictive
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selma-set-of ... xysE5SbNEP
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Life line
There are loads of videos on YouTube. Look for “splice hollow braid” and things like that.
- These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post:
- Mitch (11 Aug 2018, 20:05)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
Andy B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1825
- Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
- Location: lost in space
- Has thanked: 78 times
- Been thanked: 252 times
Re: Life line
What he said...ChrisParish wrote: ↑11 Aug 2018, 17:21There are loads of videos on YouTube. Look for “splice hollow braid” and things like that.
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times



