Guys, can anyone advise.
I have a small pinprick hole in the top of the right inflatable trim tab, about 1 cm from the back edge.
No idea how this happened given its stored in a garage and there nothing we have hit while carrying / boating.
No hooks or sharps around this area, so complete misery.
Any recommendations for repairers in the Brighton / west/east Sussex area?
Cant take a picture at present cos its back in garage and my drive is being relaid this week.
Honda Honwave T38 Repair Advise
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Honda Honwave T38 Repair Advise
Sorry to hear his buddy, pop a picture up as soon as you can.. as it’s a small pin prick it may just be a simple repair 

F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: Honda Honwave T38 Repair Advise
I had a small prick in my T38 but I got out and it was fine
Seriously though....... The air floor is an easy repair as I had to make a "pin prick" repair after a tiny sharp stone got caught in the sole of my boot. It was a mystery to me too until I found the stone, ahah I thought!! Fully deflate the boat and I recommend a 3 inch ish diametre circle for the repair. I used the rim of a pint glass (just happened to have one to hand) to measure around the hole and the repair patch. From memory 3 applications of glue to the circle around the hole AND on the patch. Apply the first lot then wait 5 mins and repeat. Wait a further 5 mins and repeat again. Wait 10 mins then put the patch on making sure you add plenty of pressure to dispel any air bubbles. Use a hard roller or a wooden spoon or similar. DO NOT inflate for a minimum of 24 hours. This was using the glue that came with the repair kit that came with the boat.
I did this repair about a year ago and it is still stuck perfect.

Seriously though....... The air floor is an easy repair as I had to make a "pin prick" repair after a tiny sharp stone got caught in the sole of my boot. It was a mystery to me too until I found the stone, ahah I thought!! Fully deflate the boat and I recommend a 3 inch ish diametre circle for the repair. I used the rim of a pint glass (just happened to have one to hand) to measure around the hole and the repair patch. From memory 3 applications of glue to the circle around the hole AND on the patch. Apply the first lot then wait 5 mins and repeat. Wait a further 5 mins and repeat again. Wait 10 mins then put the patch on making sure you add plenty of pressure to dispel any air bubbles. Use a hard roller or a wooden spoon or similar. DO NOT inflate for a minimum of 24 hours. This was using the glue that came with the repair kit that came with the boat.
I did this repair about a year ago and it is still stuck perfect.
- These users thanked the author The Hobbit for the post:
- mersc (02 Aug 2018, 11:06)
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
acidcloud
- Active Member
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 07 Jul 2017, 22:11
- Boat Make: Warrior 165
- Outboard: 70 Hp Suzuki
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Brighton
- Has thanked: 8 times
- Been thanked: 21 times
Re: Honda Honwave T38 Repair Advise
Thanks guys I think this was caused by someone standing on the deflated trim tab.
Had 4 up fishing that weekend , probably too many.
SiBs repaired by Rib Repair Ltd who are Honda authorised repairers and ready to collect so will pick up Monday.
Kinda thought its alot cheaper to get repaired professionally than loose a days contract work.
Especially as the repair was near the rear rubbing strip which they recommended I needed to peel back to allow the patch to fully overlap hole all round.
I will post a picture when I get it back.
Had 4 up fishing that weekend , probably too many.
SiBs repaired by Rib Repair Ltd who are Honda authorised repairers and ready to collect so will pick up Monday.
Kinda thought its alot cheaper to get repaired professionally than loose a days contract work.
Especially as the repair was near the rear rubbing strip which they recommended I needed to peel back to allow the patch to fully overlap hole all round.
I will post a picture when I get it back.
-
acidcloud
- Active Member
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 07 Jul 2017, 22:11
- Boat Make: Warrior 165
- Outboard: 70 Hp Suzuki
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Brighton
- Has thanked: 8 times
- Been thanked: 21 times
Re: Honda Honwave T38 Repair Advise
Picked up the boat today will put some pictures up of the repair.
Looking forward to getting out again
Looking forward to getting out again



