Page 1 of 1

Homemade Bow Dolly

Posted: 21 May 2018, 15:08
by Cliff
Thought I'd better make life a bit easier, after a trip to the local tip (sorry, recycling centre) I managed to recycle a couple of wheels someone was chucking away. Looked Ideal for a dolly, so I had a root round in my junk and found all the other bits I needed....Fire up the Quattro! ....I mean Welder.

Materials: 2 wheels - Steel Box section with axle through- Dumbbell with locking end screws. Steel tent pole, shackle and other bits and pieces.

It's adjustable in height with the screw threads top and bottom, plus it will revolve to steer., and might even be capable of off road slow towing on the back of the truck, not tried that yet!
Bow Dolly 001.JPG
Bow Dolly 002.JPG
http://f-ribsandsibs.com/download/file.php?mode=view&id=8589&sid=a0bde8e6894d4063fe6251f0487a995f
Bow Dolly 004.JPG
Bow Dolly 005.JPG

Re: Homemade Bow Dolly

Posted: 21 May 2018, 15:20
by Stray
Nice job. You've obviously got a better quality of tip to me.

Re: Homemade Bow Dolly

Posted: 21 May 2018, 16:43
by The Hobbit
Been thinking of something similar for mine. Twisted my knee on the WWA just gone :cheers great pics

Re: Homemade Bow Dolly

Posted: 21 May 2018, 17:32
by Cliff
The Hobbit wrote:Been thinking of something similar for mine. Twisted my knee on the WWA just gone :cheers great pics
Sorry to hear about the knee, hope it's better soon, as to the dolly, any large nut and bolt welded to the upstand and the axle will give you a swivel joint.
:waterski

Re: Homemade Bow Dolly

Posted: 29 Oct 2022, 17:32
by bun
nice job mate