OB charging

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Namibiafrank
Active Member
Posts: 86
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 11:13
Boat Make: Honda Honwave T40
Outboard: Honda BF20
MMSI Number: 235916865
Location: Buckinghamshire
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 8 times

OB charging

Post by Namibiafrank » 25 Feb 2018, 17:36

:help just a quick question
Do you charge your 7ah battery from the OB, if so is it OK to leave it charging whenever I am out?
I have two, one for running fishfinder compass and one for charging the rest, can I charge from the OB while using?
Thanks
Frank

Andy B England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1825
Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
Location: lost in space
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: OB charging

Post by Andy B » 25 Feb 2018, 18:34

You're in luck,
The Honda BF20 has a high output charging coil making 12-Amp (151 watt) of electricity.
That's more than enough to run your electronics and keep the battery topped up :thumbsup

Jeff Stevens 763
Active Member
Posts: 105
Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 21:03
Boat Make: Mercury 365 HD xs
Outboard: Suzuki Df 25 4 st
Location: Retford Nottinghamshire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: OB charging

Post by Jeff Stevens 763 » 27 Feb 2018, 10:31

Frankelsbikes wrote::help just a quick question
Do you charge your 7ah battery from the OB, if so is it OK to leave it charging whenever I am out?
I have two, one for running fishfinder compass and one for charging the rest, can I charge from the OB while using?
Thanks
Frank
yes just leave it charging the regulator will sort it out just the same as your car, that leaves you with a full battery if you stop the engine to fish you could link the two batteries in parallel if you wanted to charge at the same time, personally i run one Gel battery 20 amp hour
These users thanked the author Jeff Stevens 763 for the post:
Namibiafrank (02 Mar 2018, 11:46)

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”