Page 1 of 1

Extending fuel line

Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 19:57
by Paul B
I need to extend the fuel one for my outboard to the tank , so I’ve bought some new line clips etc, but one question,

Is it best to keep the primer bulb closer to the tank or the engine or does it not matter

Re: Extending fuel line

Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 19:59
by Steve
Paul, I had the same problem with my T38. I kept the bulb closer to the engine because it was more convenient. Not sure if this is right, but I’ve had no problems!

:cheers

Re: Extending fuel line

Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 20:38
by Andy B
Steve wrote: I kept the bulb closer to the engine because it was more convenient.
That would be my choice as well....

Re: Extending fuel line

Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 23:54
by Paul
Andy B wrote:
Steve wrote: I kept the bulb closer to the engine because it was more convenient.
That would be my choice as well....
Yup, I've had my tank in the bow for 3 years and the bulb within the rear section of the hull for this reason and works perfectly :thumbsup
:thumbsup
:cheers

Re: Extending fuel line

Posted: 11 Feb 2018, 07:27
by mattswan2512
As above ..im sure ive read somehere about the bulb being closer to the engine is the correct move......think it matters more when u have a water seperator in place so im sure it would make no difference other than convenience to keep it engine end.....

Re: Extending fuel line

Posted: 11 Feb 2018, 11:19
by Paul B
Ok cheers for all your input, will put bulb closer to engine then :thumbsup

Re: Extending fuel line

Posted: 11 Feb 2018, 11:32
by chris moody
I have a bulb in my extension line as well as the bulb close to the engine. Connect up extension, prime that first, then prime with the normal close to engine bulb.

Re: Extending fuel line

Posted: 12 Feb 2018, 16:10
by James
Just to be different lol, mine is closer to the tank.
I've been meaning to move it's location, but it's not caused any issues.