Page 1 of 1

Wooden outboard stand/trolley

Posted: 14 Dec 2017, 19:13
by Rossymtb
Even with my little engines I've always suffered cleaning them out and a decent stand to work on them.
Well with this new to me 15hp it's a heavy weight so I had to come up with a plan for maintenance and work stand.

And since I'm not a metal worker it's made from wood with some old launch wheels I was given years back.

I will get a better picture tomorrow in the light but as I have just made it I had to show you all.
IMG-20171214-WA0002.jpg
edit1

Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley

Posted: 15 Dec 2017, 10:10
by Rossymtb
Just a new picture in daylight. Works excellently and haven't tried it yet but should get it in and out the van easily enough to.
If anyone wants to copy & improve free and post pictures :)
IMG_20171215_094458458_HDR.jpg
Edit2

Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley

Posted: 15 Dec 2017, 22:00
by Paul
Good stuff mate and if it makes loading/unloading easier you'll be going boating more often which is a win win situation :yay
:cheers

Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley

Posted: 15 Dec 2017, 22:31
by The Hobbit
Looks like the cannines testicles to me. Good job!!

Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley

Posted: 15 Dec 2017, 23:19
by Rossymtb
Thanks guys. That's a point I didn't think about. Having a easy air deck boat and easier system to moving the engine it will make it easier to use for short trips out.

Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley

Posted: 16 Dec 2017, 10:09
by Mitch
Great stuff, as the guys said, it was a real pig before I made my wheels & found it makes a world of difference once you can get that big bulky thing into the car & move it around without struggling on your own, well done.