Page 1 of 1

Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Posted: 29 Nov 2017, 20:04
by Jimthehook
Hi all,

I want to add our boat name to the Honwave (for insurance) and was looking at Hypalon Paint, how will this perform being rolled up between uses constantly, and any suppliers of small tins? all i can find is 500ml options and they are a bit spendy!! :thumbsup

Cheers

Jim

Re: Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Posted: 29 Nov 2017, 20:54
by rogerblack
Hi, Jim

My Compass Kudos was hypalon but my Honwave is PVC, I think they all are?

Here's some info:

https://www.ribstore.co.uk/cms-assets/d ... oat-dinghy

http://www.polymarine.com/advice/pvc-or-hypalon/

and here's polymarine's PVC paint page.

https://polymarineshop.com/flexible-pai ... paint.html

I've used them a couple of times and found their service to be excellent, I made my own stencils up to paint the name and SSR on my boat

:cheers

Re: Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Posted: 30 Nov 2017, 09:17
by Jimthehook
rogerblack wrote:Hi, Jim

My Compass Kudos was hypalon but my Honwave is PVC, I think they all are?

Here's some info:

https://www.ribstore.co.uk/cms-assets/d ... oat-dinghy

http://www.polymarine.com/advice/pvc-or-hypalon/

and here's polymarine's PVC paint page.

https://polymarineshop.com/flexible-pai ... paint.html

I've used them a couple of times and found their service to be excellent, I made my own stencils up to paint the name and SSR on my boat



Many thanks Roger, exactly the info I needed and was looking for :thumbsup Perfect!

JIm.

:cheers

Re: Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Posted: 30 Nov 2017, 13:40
by Jeff Stevens 763

Re: Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Posted: 06 Dec 2017, 22:20
by Jimthehook
Many thanks Jeff, I will use the above paint and cut the stencil on my vinyl cutter :)

Jim.