Page 1 of 1

Bravo BTP 12 now running from 5000mah Lipo!

Posted: 24 Nov 2017, 14:15
by Jimthehook
Decided to use a Lithium polymer battery for my Bravo BTP 12 pump as it just makes life easier and I have many years experience with these lipo's from drones and aircraft so already had plenty of them and chargers etc. I went for a 5000mah 3 cell 12v pack weighing in at only 400grams and about the size of a bar of chocolate! cost is £17.00, it fits snuggly inside the pump bag where the wires live. These cells can be charged at 2c which means a 10amp charge so flat to full in about 30 mins :thumbsup

I just added a heavy duty 90 amp (btp only draws 20amps) connector pig tail to the croc clips so it can still be used on the car battery if needed, It fully inflates my T32ie and only uses 1300mah from the pack :thumbsup which means I can inflate the T32 and use the remaining 3800mah to run my Dragonfly 5 pro fishinder for 12 hours! result!.

Re: Bravo BTP 12 now running from 5000mah Lipo!

Posted: 24 Nov 2017, 16:22
by Jakeyboy
Now that looks cool ; i run mine off a small 4ah battery it struggles a bit with the floor but will inflate and deflate the t38 twice easily

Re: Bravo BTP 12 now running from 5000mah Lipo!

Posted: 24 Nov 2017, 17:59
by The Hobbit
I use a 7ah that fits in the bag too but obviously heavier. Not used it for the pump yet. Just waiting for the next outing to test it. Great idea Jim :thumbsup :geek: :drive :clappy

Re: Bravo BTP 12 now running from 5000mah Lipo!

Posted: 24 Nov 2017, 19:33
by Jakeyboy
Think I'm getting mixed up mine is 7ah as well hobbit ,it works well