Page 1 of 2
bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 27 Sep 2017, 19:16
by Tellum
hi all
I was thinking of making a bow canopy to offer a bit of protection when winter fishing. I was wondering does anyone use one off the shelf on there hon-wave t40 .I cannot seem to find one online. I would rather buy one to save time.
Cheers
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 27 Sep 2017, 19:49
by Martin
Someone on here did fit an excel boats canopy on their Honwave, the only other ones I’m aware of are hand made.
I’ve done three so far lol, easy enough to do once you decide on how to mount it.
If you have a quick look on my T38ie thread (my boat my build or reviews) you’ll see the one I knocked up in a caravan awning whilst on holiday
Here it is for those that want it..
http://f-ribsandsibs.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=318
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 27 Sep 2017, 20:18
by Tellum
Thanks martin,that looks doable even for me. I got an old beach tent in the shed. Will give it ago if i cannot find one soon.
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 28 Sep 2017, 12:52
by kaman
Hi Tellum
I've got Martins old T3.8 and as such his fine homemade bow canopy.
The one Martin made has elastic and hooks that hold onto the rubbing strake.
I also have a 3.5ae ally deck Honwave.
I knocked together a bow canopy from a couple of pieces of old builders tarp and an old set of tent poles.
As I am a tight git I used old guy line and old fashioned truckers knots to tension the tarp down.
The poles sit into a drilled piece of wood I painted and affixed to the seat
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 29 Sep 2017, 22:27
by Andy B
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 30 Sep 2017, 08:03
by pritch
This guy sells them on ebay in all different sizes.
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 30 Sep 2017, 13:52
by mattswan2512
Now thats not bad!!!
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 30 Sep 2017, 20:52
by Tellum
It looks like they only go up to 3.8, I need it for a 4meter. I've messaged him to see what hes got. I've seen some good looking ones on the internet but not for sale. Some nice strong folding alliuminium framed ones with clear panels. I just cannot seem to find who stocks them.
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 30 Sep 2017, 21:12
by Martin
Thos ones on eBay Look the same type supplied by excel, not a bad pric either.
I did look at them but I prefer my own to be honest.
Mine is quick to put up and remove, anchored on railblaza bimini mounts (glued versions will be a better option that the sticky pads.. mod to do asap)
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Posted: 30 Sep 2017, 22:08
by mattswan2512
I do wonder if u take a heavy wave over the bow wether it will buckle the spray deck.......