bow canopy/spray dodger
-
Tellum
- Active Member
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 08:39
- Boat Make: mercury 420 ocean runner
- Outboard: 30hp four-stroke tohatso
- MMSI Number: 235904012
- Location: Cornwall - U.K
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
bow canopy/spray dodger
hi all
I was thinking of making a bow canopy to offer a bit of protection when winter fishing. I was wondering does anyone use one off the shelf on there hon-wave t40 .I cannot seem to find one online. I would rather buy one to save time.
Cheers
I was thinking of making a bow canopy to offer a bit of protection when winter fishing. I was wondering does anyone use one off the shelf on there hon-wave t40 .I cannot seem to find one online. I would rather buy one to save time.
Cheers
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Someone on here did fit an excel boats canopy on their Honwave, the only other ones I’m aware of are hand made.
I’ve done three so far lol, easy enough to do once you decide on how to mount it.
If you have a quick look on my T38ie thread (my boat my build or reviews) you’ll see the one I knocked up in a caravan awning whilst on holiday
Here it is for those that want it..
http://f-ribsandsibs.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=318
I’ve done three so far lol, easy enough to do once you decide on how to mount it.
If you have a quick look on my T38ie thread (my boat my build or reviews) you’ll see the one I knocked up in a caravan awning whilst on holiday
Here it is for those that want it..
http://f-ribsandsibs.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=318
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
Tellum
- Active Member
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 08:39
- Boat Make: mercury 420 ocean runner
- Outboard: 30hp four-stroke tohatso
- MMSI Number: 235904012
- Location: Cornwall - U.K
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Thanks martin,that looks doable even for me. I got an old beach tent in the shed. Will give it ago if i cannot find one soon.
- kaman
- Super Poster
- Posts: 846
- Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
- Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp - MMSI Number: 235114675
- Location: South West Scotland
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 135 times
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Hi Tellum
I've got Martins old T3.8 and as such his fine homemade bow canopy.
The one Martin made has elastic and hooks that hold onto the rubbing strake.
I also have a 3.5ae ally deck Honwave.
I knocked together a bow canopy from a couple of pieces of old builders tarp and an old set of tent poles.
As I am a tight git I used old guy line and old fashioned truckers knots to tension the tarp down.
The poles sit into a drilled piece of wood I painted and affixed to the seat
I've got Martins old T3.8 and as such his fine homemade bow canopy.
The one Martin made has elastic and hooks that hold onto the rubbing strake.
I also have a 3.5ae ally deck Honwave.
I knocked together a bow canopy from a couple of pieces of old builders tarp and an old set of tent poles.
As I am a tight git I used old guy line and old fashioned truckers knots to tension the tarp down.
The poles sit into a drilled piece of wood I painted and affixed to the seat
- mattswan2512
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1758
- Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
- Boat Make: F-Rib 330
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
- Location: Sunny southampton
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 118 times
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Now thats not bad!!!
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
-
Tellum
- Active Member
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 08:39
- Boat Make: mercury 420 ocean runner
- Outboard: 30hp four-stroke tohatso
- MMSI Number: 235904012
- Location: Cornwall - U.K
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
It looks like they only go up to 3.8, I need it for a 4meter. I've messaged him to see what hes got. I've seen some good looking ones on the internet but not for sale. Some nice strong folding alliuminium framed ones with clear panels. I just cannot seem to find who stocks them.
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Thos ones on eBay Look the same type supplied by excel, not a bad pric either.
I did look at them but I prefer my own to be honest.
Mine is quick to put up and remove, anchored on railblaza bimini mounts (glued versions will be a better option that the sticky pads.. mod to do asap)
I did look at them but I prefer my own to be honest.
Mine is quick to put up and remove, anchored on railblaza bimini mounts (glued versions will be a better option that the sticky pads.. mod to do asap)
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
- mattswan2512
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1758
- Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
- Boat Make: F-Rib 330
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
- Location: Sunny southampton
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 118 times
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
I do wonder if u take a heavy wave over the bow wether it will buckle the spray deck.......
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.



