Page 1 of 1

Fish finder conversion

Posted: 23 Sep 2017, 07:45
by pritch
Hi
Apologies for the order and orientation of some of the photos. I will get the hang of it one day.
I purchased this fish finder but I didn't like the battery set up or did I like the plastic housing which was cumbersome.
I wanted something compact that had good battery life, easy to mount and a transducer that didn't need to be screwed to the transom.
First off all I purchased a small powerful 12v battery then found an electrical waterproof box that just about fitted the battery. I cut off the old battery pack and purchased some male and female connector to connect the new battery.
When my rubber sanding block fell apart I realized it would make the prefect mount for the box to sit on.
I bolted the box through a tension strap and mount then went about fixing the transducer. I dumped the suction cup and melted two slits in the plastic to allow for the strap to pass through and be bolted .
First try last weekend and it worked perfectly. Its very solid and grips the inflatable very well.
When I launch or land I just loosen the strap and spin the fish finder to the side to rotate the transducer off the bottom.
I had it working for about 5 hours last week and it only used about 10% of the battery.

Re: Fish finder conversion

Posted: 23 Sep 2017, 08:00
by pritch
Couple more I found.

Re: Fish finder conversion

Posted: 23 Sep 2017, 08:03
by Paul B
Nice job mate, looks neat and tidy and out of the way of the main deck area :thumbsup

Re: Fish finder conversion

Posted: 23 Sep 2017, 22:20
by Paul
Pritch
Cracking write up that mate and what an ingenious method of mounting the transducer 8-) :Hats
Very neat and tidy :thumbsup
:cheers