Page 1 of 1

SIB Trolley legs (extended)

Posted: 13 Sep 2017, 19:21
by nala
IMG_20170913_174522 (Small).jpg
IMG_20170913_174532 (Small).jpg
I own a Hydro-Force Mirovia 3.3m air deck and a Tohatsu 9.8 hp 2st (previously a Parsun 6hp)

I didn't want to drill the brackets through the rubber at the bottom of the transom....

Nor did I want the nylok nuts on the other (inside) of the transom to come into contact with the air deck.

I felt the movement and motion would damage and could puncture through the air deck.

And, as they were, having fitted them on found the wheels were touching the underside.

Again, a possibility of wearing through as the wheels rotated with the weight of the kit in the sib.

Calculated that 75mm/3" would be ample and give enough clearance between the wheels and hull.

I found a guy that constructs stainless steel exhausts locally and asked if he would mind extending the legs .

Cost £20 :) so just need to give them a trial now :)

Re: SIB Trolley legs (extended)

Posted: 13 Sep 2017, 20:37
by Paul
Great wee modification there mate 8-)
Might be the answer for those that would like the OB down whilst coming ashore with the transom wheels down :idea: as most standard length wheel brackets are too short to allow this practice and you clobber the skeg :(
:cheers

Re: SIB Trolley legs (extended)

Posted: 13 Sep 2017, 21:33
by Martin
Great mod there, I recently purchased some extended transom wheels for my FRIB, although they are stainless steel the build/weld quality was terrible.
I set too with the grinder to shorten the outrigger/axle tube so as to safeguard the outboard on full lock only to find the axle tube insufficiantly secured.
Just got to get them re-welded and all should be good.

Hope yours work well for you :IANW