Page 1 of 1

transducer mounting

Posted: 14 Aug 2017, 10:20
by Tellum
hi all
I am going to mount my transducer on my hon-wave t40. i noticed a lot of people use a removable brackets on there sibs. I intend to leave my inflated on the trailer so was going to fit straight to the transom,any one done it ? if so any particular site on the transom better then others? A picture of the location would be appreciated.Tthanks

Re: transducer mounting

Posted: 14 Aug 2017, 11:20
by mattswan2512
Tellum wrote:hi all
I am going to mount my transducer on my hon-wave t40. i noticed a lot of people use a removable brackets on there sibs. I intend to leave my inflated on the trailer so was going to fit straight to the transom,any one done it ? if so any particular site on the transom better then others? A picture of the location would be appreciated.Tthanks
As the back is flat and their are no chines your not exactly limited to position as you would be with a rigid hull boat..... having said that i have never mounted a transducer so im sure more qualified chaps will be along soon

Re: transducer mounting

Posted: 14 Aug 2017, 21:20
by kaman
Screenshot_2017-08-14-22-08-34-1.png
The transducer for my Garmin echo 300c as pictured on my Honwave 3.5ae.
Drilled pilot holes for the stainless steel screws and sealed them with sika flex.
I did use a G clamp and a piece of wood to play around with different positions until I settled for its current location.
Use the same fish finder on my Honwave t3.8.
I got a 2nd transducer for it but I have to use a removable mount due to the trim tabs at the rear.
The transducer works fine on both sibs at speeds up to around 12 mph before it cannot get a reading due to the sib planing and the turbulence generated by the outboard.

Re: transducer mounting

Posted: 14 Aug 2017, 21:39
by Paul
Agree with the above :thumbsup
The best overall position on my current and previous boats is where Kaman's located his .... reduced prop interference, least 'splash back' and data up and until planing speeds.
:cheers

Re: transducer mounting

Posted: 15 Aug 2017, 18:46
by Tellum
Thanks for that,all done . Rod holders done and foam floor mats in place. And a couple hours on the water pretty productive day.its good when work doesn't get in the way .