hi all
I am going to mount my transducer on my hon-wave t40. i noticed a lot of people use a removable brackets on there sibs. I intend to leave my inflated on the trailer so was going to fit straight to the transom,any one done it ? if so any particular site on the transom better then others? A picture of the location would be appreciated.Tthanks
transducer mounting
- mattswan2512
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1758
- Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
- Boat Make: F-Rib 330
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
- Location: Sunny southampton
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 118 times
Re: transducer mounting
As the back is flat and their are no chines your not exactly limited to position as you would be with a rigid hull boat..... having said that i have never mounted a transducer so im sure more qualified chaps will be along soonTellum wrote:hi all
I am going to mount my transducer on my hon-wave t40. i noticed a lot of people use a removable brackets on there sibs. I intend to leave my inflated on the trailer so was going to fit straight to the transom,any one done it ? if so any particular site on the transom better then others? A picture of the location would be appreciated.Tthanks
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
- kaman
- Super Poster
- Posts: 846
- Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
- Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp - MMSI Number: 235114675
- Location: South West Scotland
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 135 times
Re: transducer mounting
The transducer for my Garmin echo 300c as pictured on my Honwave 3.5ae.
Drilled pilot holes for the stainless steel screws and sealed them with sika flex.
I did use a G clamp and a piece of wood to play around with different positions until I settled for its current location.
Use the same fish finder on my Honwave t3.8.
I got a 2nd transducer for it but I have to use a removable mount due to the trim tabs at the rear.
The transducer works fine on both sibs at speeds up to around 12 mph before it cannot get a reading due to the sib planing and the turbulence generated by the outboard.
Drilled pilot holes for the stainless steel screws and sealed them with sika flex.
I did use a G clamp and a piece of wood to play around with different positions until I settled for its current location.
Use the same fish finder on my Honwave t3.8.
I got a 2nd transducer for it but I have to use a removable mount due to the trim tabs at the rear.
The transducer works fine on both sibs at speeds up to around 12 mph before it cannot get a reading due to the sib planing and the turbulence generated by the outboard.
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: transducer mounting
Agree with the above
The best overall position on my current and previous boats is where Kaman's located his .... reduced prop interference, least 'splash back' and data up and until planing speeds.

The best overall position on my current and previous boats is where Kaman's located his .... reduced prop interference, least 'splash back' and data up and until planing speeds.
-
Tellum
- Active Member
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 08:39
- Boat Make: mercury 420 ocean runner
- Outboard: 30hp four-stroke tohatso
- MMSI Number: 235904012
- Location: Cornwall - U.K
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
Re: transducer mounting
Thanks for that,all done . Rod holders done and foam floor mats in place. And a couple hours on the water pretty productive day.its good when work doesn't get in the way .



