Page 1 of 1

transom mod to longshaft

Posted: 01 Jul 2017, 19:59
by neil h
Carried on with this today so I can use my ls ob's
5" lift. 6 10mm bolts to hold it on. Two 18mm ply plates resined together and to be resin coated.
should be OK, these little avons were made with a ls transom on later models.

maybe testing with the Suzi 15 next weekend
20170701_160257.jpg
20170701_160257.jpg

Re: transom mod to longshaft

Posted: 01 Jul 2017, 22:52
by kaman
It ain't pretty but if properly sealed it will do the job :thumbsup
A nice coat of flow coat to finish will make the job a good un! :D

Re: transom mod to longshaft

Posted: 02 Jul 2017, 08:54
by neil h
yep - it's being resined :thumbsup
and the boat is old and tatty anyway, so no issue. I only wreck things, not much point in me paying a fortune for a smart little rib.

Re: transom mod to longshaft

Posted: 02 Jul 2017, 10:57
by neil h
Almost done. Just needs removing next Saturday after I got some new marine sealant, and the bolt holes sealing, and ready to go in the water Sunday.
20170702_114306.jpg
I just hope the top bolts are not too low compared to the top of the false transom. May need to brace it inside from top of transom to the main bolts, just for an additional bit of support, but I think (hope) it should be OK as is.
20170702_114316.jpg