Page 1 of 2
Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 12 Jun 2017, 12:17
by Steve
Hi folks
Has anyone made their own seat for the T38? If so, just wondered what wood / materials you used?
I'd like to make one as the official seats seem a tad pricey!
Cheers
Steve
Re: Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 12 Jun 2017, 18:53
by Captain cod
Hi Steve I made 2 seats for my humber I had to buy the black hypalon patches from America which were quite expensive. And being a joiner I got the 8x1 tanaliased timber from work. When I fit the seats I found they sagged quite a bit because my sib is quite wide so I added some hardwood batons to the underside which although added to the weight they made the seats much stronger and can easily hold 2 large adults
Re: Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 13 Jun 2017, 10:56
by warder54

- With rod holders, side view

- Seat and clips + rod holders
I used Marine ply for one for my 380. Bought the hangers from ebay, also drilled them to take flush mount rod holders. Work a treat, strong and long lasting.
Re: Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 13 Jun 2017, 12:59
by Steve
Thanks for the info and pictures guys - very helpful!
I like the idea of mounting the fishing rod holders in that fashion - reckon they are nicely out of the way when under power. Just out of interest, what thickness was the marine ply?
Depending on the cost of sourcing that size of marine ply, I reckon tanalised wood would work a treat too - especially with the rod holders on!
Excellent advice fellas!
Cheers
Steve
Re: Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 13 Jun 2017, 19:50
by warder54
I think I used 18mm marine ply, it was left over from my house trailer re-panel. Going to make one for my F-Rib but about double width. The Idea is to mount the sounder head unit and battery underneath (no screen it's a wifish unit) rod holders on top and use it as a bait table when out on my own. I have managed to find some "C" channel lengths like the F-Rib ones to attach. Another idea I had that others might find useful is to use the "C" channel to attach a small board to the runner with rocket launcher type rod holders to keep rods out of the way when on the move.
Re: Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 14 Jun 2017, 22:22
by Paul
Some great ideas there warder54
warder54 wrote: I have managed to find some "C" channel lengths like the F-Rib ones to attach.
Any chance of a heads-up mate or a link to where you've sourced these from as I've been unsuccessful so far
I want to make a 'sacrificial' board so I don't end up butchering a perfectly good F-Rib seat

Re: Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 14 Jun 2017, 22:26
by warder54
I searched for caravan awning c channel. Can't remember at the moment site name but something leisure. Will check tomorrow and post the info then.
Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Re: Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 14 Jun 2017, 23:20
by Paul
warder54 wrote:I searched for caravan awning c channel. Can't remember at the moment site name but something leisure. Will check tomorrow and post the info then.
Muchly appreciated

Re: Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 15 Jun 2017, 07:40
by warder54
Here you go Paul
http://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/custom-cu ... 6546-p.asp
I ordered double what I needed - who knows what other projects will come to mind

Re: Honwave T38 Seat
Posted: 17 Jun 2017, 00:09
by Paul
Thanks mate

I'll get on it
