Page 1 of 1
F Rib Canopy
Posted: 28 May 2017, 06:54
by DaveRolph
Was going to fit the F Rib canopy this morning and instructions are in Russian anyone got any advice please.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: F Rib Canopy
Posted: 28 May 2017, 08:29
by Stray
Go on, I'll say it, Learn Russian.

Paul's got one, he'll know.
Re: F Rib Canopy
Posted: 28 May 2017, 11:47
by Martin
Stray wrote:Go on, I'll say it, Learn Russian.

Paul's got one, he'll know.
Or use goggle transplant
TBH I haven't ever seen a manual or fitting instructions for those. I believe philpot was unsure about the fitting and I think Paul just fastens his on with cable ties.
Re: F Rib Canopy
Posted: 28 May 2017, 19:43
by Paul
Dave
К сожалению, мой пришел без инструкций, поэтому я должен был решить это сам.
Я не приклеил ступни к трубам, вместо этого я оставил ноги на раме, натянул все, что все равно было тихим, и затем используйте кабельную галстук, чтобы держать ноги на своих местах

- Strap location

- Foot position to give best tension

- Foot pad not glued but secured with cable tie
Все самое лучшее мат

Re: F Rib Canopy
Posted: 28 May 2017, 22:49
by Martin
Paul wrote:Dave
К сожалению, мой пришел без инструкций, поэтому я должен был решить это сам.
Я не приклеил ступни к трубам, вместо этого я оставил ноги на раме, натянул все, что все равно было тихим, и затем используйте кабельную галстук, чтобы держать ноги на своих местах
Все самое лучшее мат

so roughly speaking....
Unfortunately, mine came without instructions, so I had to solve it myself.
I did not stick my feet to the pipes, instead I left my feet on the frame, pulled everything that was still quiet, and then use a cable tie to keep my feet in place ...
This is sounding more like 50 shades of FRIB...

Re: F Rib Canopy
Posted: 28 May 2017, 23:13
by Paul
Bingo Martin
Hopefully the images tell my story
I did try to find those that had actually glued them but was unsuccessful

..... might be arcusflyer or sailrepair from my poor memory
Hopefully they'll chime in

Re: F Rib Canopy
Posted: 29 May 2017, 15:20
by DouglasW
I did not glue the feet of my canopy legs onto the tubes of my F-Rib 330 for the first season, mainly because it means you need to undo two bolts to release the legs before folding F-Rib. However, the canopy collapsed several times in rough conditions, partly due to shocks transmitted through the tubes by banging into waves and partly by taking solid green water over the front.
So this year I have glued mine in place. I did Russian at school but even so the instructions were useless. The best way is to erect the canopy and get the feet into the best place to give an even tension all the way round the base of the canopy then draw a circle round that position. Remove the canopy. Then clean the underside of the feet and the tube with the supplied isopropyl alcohol wipe. Then (with the tubes inflated) spread a thin layer of the supplied cement over both the tube and the feet and let it dry till tacky before firmly pressing them together making sure you align the slot for the canopy leg.

Once spread out, this was about the right amount.

I am very pleased with the result.
Douglas
Re: F Rib Canopy
Posted: 30 May 2017, 12:49
by warder54
Hi, fitted mine the same spot as Martin, dry fitted - marked then glued. I use stainless "R" clips to fit the canopy, I tried drop nose pins but the ones I had were to perfect a fit and fiddly! R clips work a treat.
Re: F Rib Canopy
Posted: 30 May 2017, 17:14
by Fishery Pokery
DouglasW wrote:I did not glue the feet of my canopy legs onto the tubes of my F-Rib 330 for the first season, mainly because it means you need to undo two bolts to release the legs before folding F-Rib. However, the canopy collapsed several times in rough conditions, partly due to shocks transmitted through the tubes by banging into waves and partly by taking solid green water over the front.
So this year I have glued mine in place. I did Russian at school but even so the instructions were useless. The best way is to erect the canopy and get the feet into the best place to give an even tension all the way round the base of the canopy then draw a circle round that position. Remove the canopy. Then clean the underside of the feet and the tube with the supplied isopropyl alcohol wipe. Then (with the tubes inflated) spread a thin layer of the supplied cement over both the tube and the feet and let it dry till tacky before firmly pressing them together making sure you align the slot for the canopy leg.

Once spread out, this was about the right amount.

I am very pleased with the result.
Douglas
Look so fantastic once fitted Douglas!

Re: F Rib Canopy
Posted: 07 Jun 2017, 05:31
by DaveRolph
Thanks all for your help, I took Pauls advise and it worked really well thanks, I took a few photo's and video's and will put somethng together hopefully this weekend.
Thanks again.