Engine Stand

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Martin » 04 Aug 2016, 22:21

Righty Ho'
I've been through Outboard Storage Envy for some time since I saw what you guys have been making.
So I set too this morning, (Crap all over the drive as I was sorting the wood pile) I sifted through my scrappy bits and knocked up a stand for .........
3 outboards :Boxsmile :thud :asskick

And then I painted it lol......
Soooo, here we are, Martins ultimate wood working skills under scrutiny :shame
IMG_0902.JPG
Double sided sticky tape, Blue Peter badge, and a box of shreddies later....
I made it as high an wide as I have for a reason, You'll notice a pipe hung down from the tell tail on the 20hp, that's a return to the 205 ltr drum I've cut to fit under the outboards.
So now I can remove it from the Boat/Car, stick it on it's stand, and run it up/flush it - in the garage without having to mess about. Perfecto !
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Paul B » 04 Aug 2016, 22:27

Not too bad, for wagon driver :lol: , That 20 looks a good bit smaller than the 15

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Martin » 04 Aug 2016, 22:30

Paul B wrote: That 20 looks a good bit smaller than the 15
It's a completely different shape / size casing.
I was very surprised that my tiller extension won't fit it either.
They've made the throttle fatter that the previous model, so I now need a new extension.. :?

Gotta say tho, It goes like the bloody clappers on the frib lol.
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Paul B » 04 Aug 2016, 22:43

Martin wrote:
Paul B wrote: That 20 looks a good bit smaller than the 15
It's a completely different shape / size casing.
I was very surprised that my tiller extension won't fit it either.
They've made the throttle fatter that the previous model, so I now need a new extension.. :?

Gotta say tho, It goes like the bloody clappers on the frib lol.
I will have the old tiller extension off you mate

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Martin » 04 Aug 2016, 22:47

Paul B wrote:
Martin wrote:
Paul B wrote: That 20 looks a good bit smaller than the 15
It's a completely different shape / size casing.
I was very surprised that my tiller extension won't fit it either.
They've made the throttle fatter that the previous model, so I now need a new extension.. :?

Gotta say tho, It goes like the bloody clappers on the frib lol.
I will have the old tiller extension off you mate
I'll bring it up with me....
You still have the outboard hood cover ?
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Paul B » 04 Aug 2016, 22:55

Yep, still got it here, might not fit your new engine though

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Martin » 04 Aug 2016, 22:57

Paul B wrote:Yep, still got it here, might not fit your new engine though
Ill give it a go if I may pls, if it doesn't fit, i'll buy a new one.... Already got little scuffs on it :cry:
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Engine Stand

Post by Paul B » 04 Aug 2016, 22:58

Martin wrote:
Paul B wrote:Yep, still got it here, might not fit your new engine though
Ill give it a go if I may pls, if it doesn't fit, i'll buy a new one.... Already got little scuffs on it :cry:
No problem mate, it's not going anywhere

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”