Anchor and cleat setup for Frib

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
User avatar
James England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1115
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 12:25
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: 1999 Johnson 2-Stroke 15 HP
MMSI Number: 235914355
Location: Copthorne, West Sussex
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 61 times
Contact:

Re: Anchor and cleat setup for Frib

Post by James » 15 Jul 2019, 20:10

Hi

Here is mine. Has been on for 2 years now

James
Attachments
IMG_20190713_141751.jpg
James

2015 F-Rib 360 married to a 1999 fully rebuilt 15hp 2 Stroke Johnson engine and 22 litre fuel tank.
Mods: Launch wheels, Towing Eyes, 2 Bench Seat Cushions, and 1 Bench Seat Bag
Boat name: Cichlid

User avatar
9-R Republic of Texas
Super Poster
Posts: 932
Joined: 12 Feb 2016, 13:56
Boat Make: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
Outboard: Mercury 90hp EFI
Location: The Republic of Texas
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Anchor and cleat setup for Frib

Post by 9-R » 16 Jul 2019, 15:42

Since we venture different bodies of water, with various floor beds, I have two types of anchors. I use the Danforth most of the time but it sucks for large-rock bottoms. If I let out a LOT of line to decrease the anchor to bottom angle it will hook up better but still likes to skip around. Works awesome for everything else even with just 5' of chain at the anchor.

My other anchor is a Hall and has been the best for hooking onto the larger rock. Definitely doesn't need as much line out to hook but I use it much less. Lately I've only used it when directional anchoring the bow and stern.
Wrote a note said, 'back in a minute'. Bought a boat and I sailed off in it.

Alan United States of America
Advanced Member
Posts: 174
Joined: 29 Jun 2018, 13:18
Boat Make: F-Rib 375
Outboard: 2018 Mercury 20 HP Short Shaft
MMSI Number: 1
Location: Farmington Hill Michigan USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Anchor and cleat setup for Frib

Post by Alan » 16 Jul 2019, 20:01

James,
Thank you for sharing your experience and the picture.

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”