Launch Wheels

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Bella580 Wales
Active Member
Posts: 61
Joined: 31 May 2016, 14:08
Boat Make: Honwave
Outboard: Mariner 20Hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: South Wales
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Launch Wheels

Post by Bella580 » 22 Jul 2018, 13:02

No problem mate wish I could make them two my self

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Launch Wheels

Post by ChrisParish » 22 Jul 2018, 18:37

I’m not sure about making some - that strikes me as a bit of a PITA.
I bought some from eBay and fitted them to my Zodiac. Check out the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2630&p=28979#p28979

Hope this helps.
These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post:
SEMTEX (25 Jul 2018, 19:48)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Launch Wheels

Post by Paul » 22 Jul 2018, 23:19

SEMTEX wrote: ↑
22 Jul 2018, 10:09
Sorry to be a Pain and Hijack the thread , have got a Honvave MX-300/0 AL and want to make a set of Launch wheels but not sure how so could anyone show me a Photo or 2 to guide me please

Thanks
Simon
Simon
The model Honwave NX-300/0 AL is not one that I've ever seen before :|
The AL part would suggest it's an aluminium floor variant which Honwaves are 3.5 or 4m in length :idea:
Where are you gaining this data from :?: there should be a ID plate on the transom giving all your sibs details, which would help tremendously :thumbsup
:cheers

SEMTEX
I'm New
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jul 2018, 09:46
Boat Make: Honwave T 38
Outboard: Suszuki
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Grimsby
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Launch Wheels

Post by SEMTEX » 25 Jul 2018, 20:03

Thanks for the replies lads they are much appreciated .

I have No problem buying the Honwave ones but have read and seen the opinions of owners that they are Not that good so was looking to make some .

I took the Model number from the Booklet I got with the boat . I haven't had chance to get it all out the bag yet but wanted to get everything I need before the wife sees it all .

Simon

User avatar
rogerblack Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 884
Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
MMSI Number: 235913495
Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: Launch Wheels

Post by rogerblack » 20 Aug 2018, 13:30

Paul wrote: ↑
21 Jul 2018, 21:33
Bella580 wrote: ↑
21 Jul 2018, 07:51
Where did you get them from please tyre ,s
From TrailerTek
Wheels https://www.trailertek.com/trailer-part ... rim-1-bore
You'll need the bushes to fit the wheel to your sized spindle https://www.trailertek.com/search/?q=bushes
If in doubt call them
Hi

Finally got around to ordering a pair of these as the tubed tyres on my Honwave wheels developed a faulty valve connection and went flat, so thought it would be easier to swap for these. Turned out it wasn't as easy as that once they'd been delivered - the spindle is a different diameter (c.25mm v c.21mm) and they now tell me they can't supply any suitable bushes for these so I need to try to source some elsewhere. Also, it will need to be a flanged bush or else I'll also need to source an additional space as the wheel rubber rims foul on the dog-legs on the Honwave shafts if butted up against the existing stops.

Since I hate re-inventing the wheel (!) I wondered if anyone else had already gone through the same process and could help me find the needed parts to make these wheels usable?

I also ordered a replacement tube from TrailerTek at the same time but am still waiting for this item to be shipped, so am without any usable wheels at all at the moment.
cheers
Roger

:fishing
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”

User avatar
GT912 Great Britain
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 33
Joined: 03 Feb 2019, 13:24
Boat Make: Honwave T40-AE2
Outboard: Honda 20HP
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Launch Wheels

Post by GT912 » 15 Feb 2019, 16:02

Hi guys

I fitted the transon wheels to the T40 today...

Took the advice from the forum and took the plunge...

Had to reposition reg and information plate and drill ally brackets that hild floor down.

Jobs left to do... have remove extended threads and cap off..

below are a few snap of the product fitted
20190212_165536.jpg
20190212_165556.jpg
Attachments
20190211_151600.jpg
20190212_165611.jpg

MauiBen United States of America
I'm New
Posts: 15
Joined: 19 Feb 2019, 04:49
MMSI Number: 10
Location: San Francisco
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Launch Wheels

Post by MauiBen » 19 Aug 2019, 17:01

I'm using some Hobie Trax 2-30 kayak wheels on my True Kit Discovery. The big, soft wheels are absolutely fantastic on the sand. The boat is really easy to pull along. The vertical tubes on the wheel set slide into some 1 inch pipe straps on the transom. Obviously, the wheels can't be removed in the water, but I just get the boat close and lift it off the wheels before launching.
20190709_074301.jpg
41Yep0hus+L.jpg

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Launch Wheels

Post by ChrisParish » 20 Aug 2019, 06:24

Wow. That’s a really good looking solution for soft ground.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

bun Scotland
Advanced Member
Posts: 185
Joined: 14 May 2018, 08:46
Boat Make: boatworld 330 v floor
Outboard: tohatsu 4stroke 6hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Edinburgh
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Launch Wheels

Post by bun » 01 Feb 2022, 21:17

i saw a o pair in B&Q £12 odds each,when i was looking for bolts for the transom swan neck brackets hope that helps , also innertubes can be bought off the evil by for under a tener for two

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”