My SiB Improvements

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
User avatar
SiB-420 Poland
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 03 May 2020, 17:49
Boat Make: BARK BT-420s
Outboard: Yamaha F9.9 JMH
Haswing Osapian 55lb
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

My SiB Improvements

Post by SiB-420 » 03 May 2020, 18:11

My SiB I only get early this year and unfortunatelly not even try so far is Bark BT-420s is one of those made in Ukraine bu this is a second one I had been using by last years and is great one but I not going to tel how good is it because this is not a subject of this topic.
Here under this link all you can see my modifications done so far to make my boat more usefull and practical.

Maby some of you like this.
These users thanked the author SiB-420 for the post:
Craignjayne (04 Oct 2021, 18:32)

sonny1 England
Super Poster
Posts: 864
Joined: 29 Mar 2019, 17:29
Boat Make: xs 515
Outboard: mercury f60 elpt
MMSI Number: 232027436
Location: hitchin ,herts
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: My SiB Improvements

Post by sonny1 » 04 May 2020, 07:31

hi mariusz, the video was good to watch and the boat seems well laid out, have fun when we are let out again. :thumbsup
These users thanked the author sonny1 for the post:
bbutty (14 Jun 2020, 17:55)

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: My SiB Improvements

Post by warder54 » 04 May 2020, 12:24

That is some seriously good work! Love the rod holders!
And to think that I thought my seat rail mount for my battery box was clever :-(
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

User avatar
SiB-420 Poland
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 03 May 2020, 17:49
Boat Make: BARK BT-420s
Outboard: Yamaha F9.9 JMH
Haswing Osapian 55lb
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: My SiB Improvements

Post by SiB-420 » 04 May 2020, 14:56

Thx warder54 I hope my solution will give some inspiration it's nice to see that my hard work had some sense for the others.

Sibfisher Spain
Veteran Member
Posts: 420
Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
Boat Make: Elling KB 350
Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
MMSI Number: 1
Location: Tui, Spain
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: My SiB Improvements

Post by Sibfisher » 04 May 2020, 16:55

A very good job you done there and I like the way there is a place for everything and the seat :thumbsup :thumbsup

User avatar
SiB-420 Poland
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 03 May 2020, 17:49
Boat Make: BARK BT-420s
Outboard: Yamaha F9.9 JMH
Haswing Osapian 55lb
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: My SiB Improvements

Post by SiB-420 » 04 May 2020, 18:20

Sibfisher thx man, all these thing took me more than three weeks to get them done but what elvse left to do if all we cannot go to do what we love to do so enough time will give us some mind comfort to let us do things with no rush.

Shaun England
Advanced Member
Posts: 182
Joined: 05 Mar 2018, 15:15
Boat Make: F-Rib 430
Outboard: Evinrude E-Tec 30
Location: Epsom
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: My SiB Improvements

Post by Shaun » 05 May 2020, 08:19

Really like the side mount tables, good idea. might just copy you on that 1. Looks really good.

I have 1 question for the experts on here. Wood or Fibreglass for custom stuff like this?

User avatar
SiB-420 Poland
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 03 May 2020, 17:49
Boat Make: BARK BT-420s
Outboard: Yamaha F9.9 JMH
Haswing Osapian 55lb
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: My SiB Improvements

Post by SiB-420 » 05 May 2020, 08:53

Shaun, I'm so happy to see that you'll have a plan to copy my idea great news for me :yay but to answer your question, what I was use to build all these on my SIB was 18 mm plywood and the varnished all around twice for better protection also plywood wasn't badly expensive to get even for the whole sheet 2,20 x 1.20 m only euro 37 and that was covered all together to have my job done.

bun Scotland
Advanced Member
Posts: 185
Joined: 14 May 2018, 08:46
Boat Make: boatworld 330 v floor
Outboard: tohatsu 4stroke 6hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Edinburgh
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: My SiB Improvements

Post by bun » 22 Jan 2022, 03:54

could not do any thing like that , well done

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”