How do I make this foldable?

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
Robert Donithan1 United States of America
Active Member
Posts: 91
Joined: 05 Apr 2021, 21:48
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Essex
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 0

How do I make this foldable?

Post by Robert Donithan1 » 27 May 2021, 11:52

Living in a small apartment makes me want to have this foldable. Any ideas?
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (15 KiB) Viewed 1326 times

Oldman England
Advanced Member
Posts: 248
Joined: 12 Jun 2020, 10:41
Boat Make: Elling KB350 SIB
Outboard: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Location: North Kent
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: How do I make this foldable?

Post by Oldman » 27 May 2021, 13:21

Just make the cross bar removable one end either by fitting a bolt with a wing nut or fitting a pin with an R clip both sides. Try it out by removing the bolt at one end both sides.

Robert Donithan1 United States of America
Active Member
Posts: 91
Joined: 05 Apr 2021, 21:48
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Essex
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: How do I make this foldable?

Post by Robert Donithan1 » 27 May 2021, 13:25

Oldman wrote: ↑
27 May 2021, 13:21
Just make the cross bar removable one end either by fitting a bolt with a wing nut or fitting a pin with an R clip both sides. Try it out by removing the bolt at one end both sides.
I thought of wingnut but the R-pin is better. Gotta go on Amazon and find one. But still would take other suggestions.

Oldman England
Advanced Member
Posts: 248
Joined: 12 Jun 2020, 10:41
Boat Make: Elling KB350 SIB
Outboard: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Location: North Kent
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: How do I make this foldable?

Post by Oldman » 27 May 2021, 13:50

2 drop nose pins would leave little to loose. something like these https://jimmygreen.com/anchoring-access ... clevis-pin
These users thanked the author Oldman for the post:
Robert Donithan1 (27 May 2021, 14:30)

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”