The front of my Honwave can be a mess with ropes, bailer, anchor and bits and pieces so I made this matched pair of stowage bags
These originated as one 3ft long sail bag made of waterproof grey material I got off Ebay for £10.
I cut the bag in half, removed the circular bottom section, then sewed up the base of the top section and made a 2 inch seam for the top of the bottom section. I then had two matching bags.
Using grommets left over from the spray hood project, I fixed two per bag at the corners.
Some thin 4mm bungy cord in red and green was attached to bungy balls so that the bags were held at the right height, but could be easily dismantled.
A spare bungy cord and ball holds the anchor in place with the rope in one of the bags.
A neat and tidy result at little cost.
Honwave De Luxe Stowage Bags
-
DavidA
- Newish Member, But I Like It Here
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 09:33
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Yamaha F6C four stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: London
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 1 time
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Honwave De Luxe Stowage Bags
That looks really good!
I have found stowage to be the biggest issue I have in my Honwave and that is a great solution. Well done!
I have found stowage to be the biggest issue I have in my Honwave and that is a great solution. Well done!
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
rogerblack
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 884
- Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
- MMSI Number: 235913495
- Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
- Has thanked: 209 times
- Been thanked: 240 times
Re: Honwave De Luxe Stowage Bags
Hi DavidA, that looks really neat and of course much less expensive than the Honwave bow bag which I already have on my T32ie.
I am happy with it, but I modified the attachment system so as to make it a bit more effective as a spray dodger; this also lifts the bag and stops it crumpling on the floor. I posted about this with some piccies here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2083&p=22473&hilit ... ger#p22473
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2083&p=22473&hilit ... ger#p22473
I also have the Honwave bag that attaches to the padded seat cover but I actually find the bow bag easier to access than the under seat bag for anything I need whilst afloat. However that may be more because of my lardy tum than anything else!
I am happy with it, but I modified the attachment system so as to make it a bit more effective as a spray dodger; this also lifts the bag and stops it crumpling on the floor. I posted about this with some piccies here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2083&p=22473&hilit ... ger#p22473
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2083&p=22473&hilit ... ger#p22473
I also have the Honwave bag that attaches to the padded seat cover but I actually find the bow bag easier to access than the under seat bag for anything I need whilst afloat. However that may be more because of my lardy tum than anything else!
Last edited by Martin on 18 Jul 2020, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
Roger

“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
Roger
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
-
DavidA
- Newish Member, But I Like It Here
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 09:33
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Yamaha F6C four stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: London
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Honwave De Luxe Stowage Bags
First try out on the water today. The bags worked well to keep the weight forward and the deck clear for my feet. An added bonus was that they doubled a carry bags by tying together the bungee cords when ashore, so loading and unloading was a breeze.
-
rogerblack
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 884
- Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
- MMSI Number: 235913495
- Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
- Has thanked: 209 times
- Been thanked: 240 times
Re: Honwave De Luxe Stowage Bags
Above link doesn't seem to work, this should:rogerblack wrote: ↑18 Jul 2020, 13:53Hi DavidA, that looks really neat and of course much less expensive than the Honwave bow bag which I already have on my T32ie.
I am happy with it, but I modified the attachment system so as to make it a bit more effective as a spray dodger; this also lifts the bag and stops it crumpling on the floor. I posted about this with some piccies here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2083&p=22473&hilit ... ger#p22473
I also have the Honwave bag that attaches to the padded seat cover but I actually find the bow bag easier to access than the under seat bag for anything I need whilst afloat. However that may be more because of my lardy tum than anything else!![]()
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2083&p=22473&hilit ... ger#p22473
cheers
Roger

“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
Roger
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”


