T32 De Luxe Seat

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
DavidA England
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 33
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 09:33
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Yamaha F6C four stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: London
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

T32 De Luxe Seat

Post by DavidA » 19 Jun 2020, 11:10

On a longish trip, the standard seat on my T32 is positively painful. So once the local woodyard opened I purchased a length of 9 inch by one inch pine and started work.

I cut it to size and applied two coat of undercoat and one coat of gloss both sides having first planed and sanded all the edges and corners round.

Then two feet obtained from China via Ebay were fitted, to lock into the tube straps.

The seat was made of two pieces of 2 inch upholstery foam cut to size and then wrapped n waterproof canvas using heavy duty tape for the seams. This was attached using homemade bungee ball cords so it could be easily released for transport.

The compass was a Ritchie flush mounted sailing compass obtained cheaply on Ebay as it had a large air bubble. This was removed by topping up the fluid with lamp oil with a syringe. A slightly larger round tupperware type container was obtained and a mounting hole cut in the lid. The compass was fitted to this and is dismountable for transport. The body of the container is screwed to the seat.

Last a 1.9 litre rectangular container was screwed to the other side of the seat for my mobile phone, which has tide tables, Navionics, compass, speedo and met forecasts.

Lastly hat tip to the Hobbit for the inspiration.
Attachments
T32 Seat Right.jpg
T32 Seat Left.jpg

goldeneye243 England
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 32
Joined: 24 Jan 2020, 08:58
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Newmarket
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: T32 De Luxe Seat

Post by goldeneye243 » 26 Jun 2020, 07:36

Looks good - I am thinking of doing something similar - Could you post a link to the feet to lock into the tube straps please?

DavidA England
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 33
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 09:33
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Yamaha F6C four stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: London
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: T32 De Luxe Seat

Post by DavidA » 12 Jul 2020, 12:37

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PVC-Seat-Hoo ... SwyWxb5g5R

They come from China, as do Honwaves!

Essexkayak1 Great Britain
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 31
Joined: 08 Jun 2020, 20:03
Boat Make: Honwave T32 IE
Outboard: Honda 6hp
MMSI Number: 235923173
Location: Essex England
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: T32 De Luxe Seat

Post by Essexkayak1 » 30 Jul 2020, 21:35

I am trying an inflatable kayak seat with Velcro straps around the bench seat on my T32

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”