Diy upgrades to my quicksilver

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
bbutty England
Advanced Member
Posts: 192
Joined: 14 Jun 2020, 08:35
Boat Make: Merc OceanRunner 350
Outboard: Mercury F20 EFI on Remotes
Location: Christchurch
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Diy upgrades to my quicksilver

Post by bbutty » 10 Jul 2020, 17:19

First thing I did was make a tiler extension so I could sit further forward. I used 38mm dia PVC pipe and 3D printed a plug for the end, a circular clamp to secure it to the tiller and a cap for the bolt so It can be removed without a spanner. I recessed the nut into the clamp on the design and just heated the nut up to press it in. Has worked well ever since and is easy to attach and remove. It can be adapted to any length you want by cutting the pvc to different lengths.

The only other mod I have done was to glue an extra handle below the metal one at the bow to make it easier and more comfortable for me to wheel it to the water using the launching wheels.
Attachments
20200710_180753.jpg
20200710_180810.jpg
20200710_180832.jpg
20200710_180838.jpg
20200710_180924.jpg

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Diy upgrades to my quicksilver

Post by ChrisParish » 10 Jul 2020, 19:05

Nice Job.

I recommend kite handles like these:
82CF97B6-A296-410C-BB2F-CD36B7D310A5.jpeg
82CF97B6-A296-410C-BB2F-CD36B7D310A5.jpeg (27.99 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Attach them to the handle under the bow with a carrabena and it makes the boat way easier to move.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

bbutty England
Advanced Member
Posts: 192
Joined: 14 Jun 2020, 08:35
Boat Make: Merc OceanRunner 350
Outboard: Mercury F20 EFI on Remotes
Location: Christchurch
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Diy upgrades to my quicksilver

Post by bbutty » 10 Jul 2020, 19:23

That's a good idea. If the new handle doesn't do the job then I'll be sure to give that a try.

I think the grey handle I have attached should be significantly better than the stainless steel one above. Glue will be fully cured tomorrow for its first test.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Diy upgrades to my quicksilver

Post by Martin » 11 Jul 2020, 22:15

Nice job @bbutty - Hope it works for you.
If not, The kite handles Chris has advised are a world better than the painfull circulation killing metal bow handle, I don't have any myself but i have lifted and pulled a boat with them and they are a massive upgrade for peanuts ££££

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”