Folding Engine Stand DIY

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
Gray Great Britain
Advanced Member
Posts: 192
Joined: 25 Oct 2019, 11:26
Boat Make: Elling KB 350
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Hull
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 60 times
Contact:

Folding Engine Stand DIY

Post by Gray » 01 Mar 2020, 20:40

Instead of spending the day decorating, much to my other half dismay I instead decided to build myself an engine stand. Well the sun was shining for the first time in weeks and it would be rude to stay indoors.

The legs fold flat so it can be stored against the wall when not in use (I pinched the idea from a fella on Youtube). I'm really pleased with the final result. It feels really solid, although I may lower it by a couple of inches. I already had the wood knocking about, the only thing I had to buy where the coach bolts for the front folding legs. All in it cost me £1.80, jobs a good 'un. :yay

I photographed these with a wide angle lens so the engine does appear to be larger than it really is .

stand1.jpeg
stand2.jpeg
stand3.jpeg
stand4.jpeg
stand5.jpeg
These users thanked the author Gray for the post:
Martin (13 Mar 2020, 07:18)

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Folding Engine Stand DIY

Post by Martin » 13 Mar 2020, 07:20

Looks cracking... :clappy

Is it the rear legs that fold in and hinge back out on a bolt ?
The engine main transom mount being the stop for the legs??

Martin :cheers
These users thanked the author Martin for the post:
Gray (13 Mar 2020, 10:25)
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Gray Great Britain
Advanced Member
Posts: 192
Joined: 25 Oct 2019, 11:26
Boat Make: Elling KB 350
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Hull
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 60 times
Contact:

Re: Folding Engine Stand DIY

Post by Gray » 13 Mar 2020, 09:27

@Martin Yes, that’s right. I have got some wheels for it just need to work out how to fit them.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Folding Engine Stand DIY

Post by Martin » 13 Mar 2020, 10:20

Gray wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2020, 09:27
@Martin Yes, that’s right. I have got some wheels for it just need to work out how to fit them.
On the bottom :clappy :shame

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”