New Wheels
-
pedro916
- Newish Member, But I Like It Here
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 12 Oct 2017, 16:58
- Boat Make: Honwave T32 ie
- Outboard: Honda bf10
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Pontefract , west yorks
- Has thanked: 11 times
- Been thanked: 8 times
New Wheels
After my old wheel got a little tired decided to make some more robust ones out of 30 x 30 x 3mm box heres a few pics of the new ones.
-
Mitch
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
- Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
- Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Swindon
- Has thanked: 118 times
- Been thanked: 113 times
Re: New Wheels
Like the idea of the square sections as this should get rid of one of the worst problems of the pin wearing & the hole enlarging, the other problem is the wheel & axle which wobble like hell, I suppose a square axle & hole in the wheel wouldn’t work too well.
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: New Wheels
If your wheels turn out to be good then I would be very interested in a set.
How do they sit when they are in the upright position?
How do they sit when they are in the upright position?
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
pedro916
- Newish Member, But I Like It Here
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 12 Oct 2017, 16:58
- Boat Make: Honwave T32 ie
- Outboard: Honda bf10
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Pontefract , west yorks
- Has thanked: 11 times
- Been thanked: 8 times
Re: New Wheels
I don't tend to put them in the upright position I store them upfront in a builders bucket which leaves the bracket clear for the transducer.But I will have a look tomorrow Chris.
-
pedro916
- Newish Member, But I Like It Here
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 12 Oct 2017, 16:58
- Boat Make: Honwave T32 ie
- Outboard: Honda bf10
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Pontefract , west yorks
- Has thanked: 11 times
- Been thanked: 8 times
Re: New Wheels
Fitted in upright position.


- These users thanked the author pedro916 for the post:
- ChrisParish (17 Sep 2019, 12:19)


