Been doing a few mods last week & the thing that annoys me a bit is the V bow as it seems a bit of a waste of space, bearing in mind that I have to get to the valves to pump the floor up once I’ve been on the water a while, so I’m wondering what you guys put up the front on your boats to a) make it easy to get at the valves, which it isn’t at the moment as I have a plastic box with the anchor & rope & on top of that is another plastic box with the pump, battery & any emergency stuff which has to be moved out of the way.
B) make some more space as when 2 of us & all our fishing gear for a day it’s a bit cramped, (no I’m not buying a bigger boat)
Any ideas or pics on a post card would be gratefully received.
Space needed
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: Space needed
I tend to not put tubs up front, I use a couple of dry bags to store most of my gear in, which is quick and easy to move to get to the valves, also have a Honwave seat bag , which holds loads and doesn’t get in the way,
Other than that I have a small builders type bucket with my ropes and bailer at the transom
Other than that I have a small builders type bucket with my ropes and bailer at the transom
-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: Space needed
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yellow-Goril ... 0506.m3226
I use one of these Mitch. It moulds to a triangle in the bow. It has many purposes, dry storage and cleverly turns into a pond to keep fish in on the trip home. When I need to check the floor pressure I just lift it out complete, even with the bow dodger on, check / inflate then lob it back in again. Job done.
I have a bungee running between the two inner D rings which holds it in place if I don't have my big box with me which isn't very often. Not the best pic but you may get the idea matey.
The blue cool bag is in / on top of the bucket!!
I use one of these Mitch. It moulds to a triangle in the bow. It has many purposes, dry storage and cleverly turns into a pond to keep fish in on the trip home. When I need to check the floor pressure I just lift it out complete, even with the bow dodger on, check / inflate then lob it back in again. Job done.
I have a bungee running between the two inner D rings which holds it in place if I don't have my big box with me which isn't very often. Not the best pic but you may get the idea matey.
- These users thanked the author The Hobbit for the post:
- Mitch (12 Aug 2018, 20:12)
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
Mitch
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
- Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
- Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Swindon
- Has thanked: 118 times
- Been thanked: 113 times
Re: Space needed
Thanks guys, I’ve got dry bags, I’ve got a plasti bucket but I usually put it over my head when I’ve been naughty
what fish Andy, where you get them from???
what fish Andy, where you get them from???

