"Sand Hopper" launch wheels

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
User avatar
The Hobbit England
Supporting Member
Posts: 724
Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468
Location: Farnborough Hampshire
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 174 times

"Sand Hopper" launch wheels

Post by The Hobbit » 06 Aug 2018, 17:08

Has anyone tried these or has any experience / knowledge as to whether they are any good or not?
Thanks in advance

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-10-SAND- ... SwHLNZXO~K
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber

User avatar
Cliff England
Veteran Member
Posts: 321
Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp efi
Demon 5.2hp 2 smoke
Location: Sunny Wigan
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: "Sand Hopper" launch wheels

Post by Cliff » 06 Aug 2018, 19:35

In theory, they give you more bearing surface, but it's suck it and see with these, Cheaper here if they don't work, you haven't lost as much.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Dinghy-L ... 0005.m1851

User avatar
The Hobbit England
Supporting Member
Posts: 724
Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468
Location: Farnborough Hampshire
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Re: "Sand Hopper" launch wheels

Post by The Hobbit » 06 Aug 2018, 20:19

Cheers Cliff, for that price I'll give them a go, thanks for the link :thumbsup
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: "Sand Hopper" launch wheels

Post by Paul » 06 Aug 2018, 20:34

I've a pair of them in my garage mate :idea:
Come and collect buddy :thumbsup

User avatar
The Hobbit England
Supporting Member
Posts: 724
Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468
Location: Farnborough Hampshire
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Re: "Sand Hopper" launch wheels

Post by The Hobbit » 06 Aug 2018, 20:40

Seriously? Pm your addy and I'll pop round one eveing this week. Do they not fit on your 4.2 then? :rofl
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”